Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2003 6:55:13 AM EDT
want a tac sling any one got any options on this one???

its either the guiles or the cqb solution

whats the diff which is better and why

thanx
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The first question is which CQB solutions sling do you mean?  They make 2 or 3 different ones.

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the Giles slings simply because they are THE most durable out there.  On a range gun that might not matter to you, but on a hard use gun it will, especially in the single point models, which get a lot of wear at the bracket point.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I had Giles slings on two ARs, & they are great slings. Very durable, very solid installation.

But when I put SureFire 500s on both guns, I had to go to a single point sling (the Giles wouldn't work with the new SF forend). When I replaced them I went with the CQB Solutions HST single point. I like the HST sling very much. It is somewhat softer & more flexible than the Giles, so it is more comfortable around my neck. I haven't had them long enough to compare the durability vs. the Giles, but I doubt they will hold up as well over the long haul, since the material is so much softer & more flexible...

IMO, you can't really go wrong with either setup. For durability, I'd go with the Giles. For wearability, probably the CQB Solutions....YMMV.

Edited to add: Lumpy beat me to it about the durability issue. I agree with him 100%, & when I replace the HST slings in the future, I may try the new Giles single-point.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#4]
in CQB just the standard 3pt

and i heard the guiles will work with a SLING THING and the surefire forend

i asked because i want to run a 500a on my ar with the guiles and the sales guy said it would work
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
in CQB just the standard 3pt

and i heard the guiles will work with a SLING THING and the surefire forend

i asked because i want to run a 500a on my ar with the guiles and the sales guy said it would work
View Quote

Bult4mud:
I am lefthanded, so the front Sling Thing wouldnt work unless the light was installed upside down, and then the sling was in the way of the LED nav lights. I imagine you will have a problem with the front mount interfering with one of the lamps whichever way you install the light. Before you go that route, you might want to ask about the new 500s with the nav lights. If the salesman wasn't thinking about the new 500s, it may make a difference in what he recommends.....JMO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#6]
are all 500's with nav lights now??

i am thinking of the right one one that replaces the whole upper forend and the light will sit on the top right side??

Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://store5.yimg.com/I/botach_1744_135083392[/img]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Edited to add: Lumpy beat me to it about the durability issue. I agree with him 100%, & when I replace the HST slings in the future, I may try the new Giles single-point.
View Quote

Even with my Giles single point, I still have to take it off once a month and take a light to the edges. Single point mounts are TOUGH on a sling.  I know it'd be labor intensive, but man to they need to polish the crap out of the inside of the ring and take the edges off.  Im taking a dremel tool to my GG&G this weekend for that very reason.

Nifty little trick for anyone using the Giles single point or any other single point with the 2-pronged QD buckle.  Mine creeks like a set of stairs in a 100 year old house when I move and the sling is bearing the guns weight.  I slipped about 1 1/2" worth of that great stuff called bike inner tube over it.  It doesnt make the noise anymore and its still secure yet QD.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#9]
are there any advantages to a single point over a 3 point?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
are there any advantages to a single point over a 3 point?
View Quote

Simplicity.  Not dependant on any sliding or moving parts for comfort.  Completely out of the way of the bolt release.  No front portion to snag on anything during movement.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top