Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2003 5:12:17 PM EDT
Hello.  I am going to purchase a SOP sling from CQB solutions for my AR.  My only question is should I get the sling with or without the ERB (Emergency Release Buckle).  I can see the advantages to both but I would like to know what others experiences are with or with out the ERB before I make my decision.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I always get a quick release for anything I'm going to be wrapping around my neck.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
With.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I don't see the need.  If you really have to get out of it in a hurry, a Spyderco works fine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Well.  I have decided on the sling with the ERB option.  By the way, what are your opinions on the CQB Solutions SOP sling itself?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 By the way, what are your opinions on the CQB Solutions SOP sling itself?  Thanks.
View Quote

We like it:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=166993[/url]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I love My SOP Sling, and glad to know the ERB is there if I ever need it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got an SOP from them after already purchasing the standard CQB sling.  The wide strap makes a difference.  I love it, it rocks, and the guys at CQB are top notch.  I have no reason to own another sling.  The ERB beats fumbling for a spiderco!  Get ERB...this thing is around your neck......
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]
All four of my CQB slings have the ERB. Wouldn't have it any other way.

And I can't say enough about the customer service.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#11]
i used to have a blackhawk sling, but quickly change to cqb sop sling , its a great product!!!!
                   meateater
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Got the CQB SOP sling in today and all I can say is WOW.  Amazing quality.  It is just what I was looking for.  Thanks for your input.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I just installed the SOP w/ERB and I like it.  The regular velcro attachment straps are fairly solid but I think I'm going to install the GG&G Sling Thing side mount to the front sight tower as well as the GG&G rear side mount in between the reciever and buttstock.  Should be more natural and robust that way.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top