Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2004 2:02:01 PM EDT
I have a single-point sling from The Wilderness Tactical Products, not very happy with it. Would like to change over to CQB Solutions MOUT Sling. Just would like to hear from people that have the MOUT Sling or have tried it, Any Pros and Cons of it.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/19/2004 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and I like it. A big plus is the fact that you can release the fast-tex buckle and the rifle only has a short strap hanging from it and you are not dragging the whole sling attached to the rifle. The main loop of the sling stays on your body. For picking up and putting down your rifle, it makes it very fast. The one real negitive is the plastic buckle system. It seems to be ok for 99% of all applications, but an aluminum clip would be more durable. I give it dead terrorists!
Link Posted: 7/19/2004 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a concern I have about the sling, have you ever dropped your weapon because the buckle failed?
Link Posted: 7/20/2004 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The buckle has never failed. I don't think it will EVER fail on it's own. What I would worry about is if it broke due to an outside blow of massive force. But, because of the location of the buckle, if it does receive such a blow you are F*#ked! Unless you unclip it and it gets run over by an APC or something. CQB builds top quality equipment, so I would guess that if it were a real issue, they would redesign it. I only brought it up as a negitive because I could not think of anything else negitive to say and  I wanted to seem "fair and balanced".
Link Posted: 7/20/2004 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one.  Built rock solid and the quick release buckle is a definite plus.  I just can't get used to the single point sling though.  Just doesn't feel right to me.  Just my two cents though.  CQB makes good stuff, I just don't think a single point is for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2004 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The only "beef" I have is the fact that you weapon hangs kinda low if you adjust the sling to allow for fast shoulder-to-shoulder transitions. Other than that, good 2 go!
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for the help. I've just order one online, waiting to get it in. I'm sure it much better than the one I have now. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I could not be happier with my MOUT sling.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got my CQB Sling in the mail today. I think I'll be very happy with it. Thanks for the advise.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I just use a m14 sling. It was what I used in the army so I'm comfortable with it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#10]
It's nice to be able to store your rifle in the safe without the sling attached.  Before I got the mout sling for my rifles, they were always getting tangled up in the safe.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:18:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I ordered me one today from Grant.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top