Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 4/22/2007 11:34:35 AM EST
Well i got the 10 round mag and was impressed with the fit in my ARs and how well everything looked,Today i went out and put 200 rounds thru the mag and was somewhat dissappointed,I had many failure to feed with the mag as if i had a round not cycle i would reload all the rounds in a Colt 20 rounder and not have a problem,This happen about 1-2 times per full load of the 10 round mag,And would never lock back the bolt on the last shot,So all in all i got a ok mag but was hoping to have a better product for hunting but not gonna worry about it and try a few others as i got time until November when i will really have to have 2-3 ,10 round mags i need to rely on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:02:29 PM EST
You could send your mag back to CP for their "evaluation".
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 1:48:23 AM EST
Yeah i could,and have sent items back in the past to folks and ends up taking a few times to remedy the problems sometimes,I found lastnight that the follower is tipping forward when this happens and cant yet figure out why the bolt wont lock back yet,But i am gonna find out today what is causing the follower to tip forward and i will try different followers if there is no burrs in the magwell welds.I will continue to try to make the product work and if i cant then i will just throw it in the box with many other mags that dont and move on.Not gonna bash the company but just thought i would give my impression of the mag,As i will have to try CMMG as they have a 5 rounder as i heard RRA and Bushmaster gets there 10 rounder from the same supplier.Also tried the plastic DPMS and i may as well thru that $15 in the trash as it made the weapon a single shot
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:31:21 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:46:38 AM EST
Larry thanks for the offer,here is my finding as i just got back after running another 100 rounds thru it,i took it apart and it had 1 small burr i sanded down with  the dremmel tool and that may have been the cause of the follower taking a nose dive and not locking the bolt back,It seem to work fine so i will run another 300-400 rounds thru it this weekend and if that was the problem then we are good to go,If not i will send it back,Thanks.
Top Top