Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 7:49:58 PM EDT
Hi All,

My first post. I read through the forum rules and FAQ. I also read through quite a few threads on this topic as well (for some reason I found more threads regarding the Core 15 .22 upper using Google's site: search than the AR15.com forums search). Feel free to correct me if I'm not finding an existing thread, posted in the wrong from or any other advice you may have. I hope to become a productive member of this community.

I have enjoyed firearms for as long as I can remember. I'm in my late 30's now, but for my 13th birthday my dad bought be an SKS. However, since then I haven't really taken the opportunity to invest in much more than .22's for fun since I could shoot a lot and it wouldn't break my budget. It's certainly long overdue that I got myself an AR. I've been doing a lot of research but still haven't pulled trigger.

I'd like to have a great balance of best bang-for-the-buck in a rifle and be able to also use it to shoot .22 LR. Today I can across the CORE15 M4 Rifle + .22LR M4 upper combo for $999 - seems like a great price on a good rifle combo.

Is this a good value? Good starter setup? Can I do better for the price? Any and all feedback and advice is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:27:31 PM EDT

I can tell you their .22 uppers are reliable & quality stuff.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:37:15 PM EDT
I shoot with someone that bought that same combo, And he`s very happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:59:30 AM EDT
Check out the rimfire and pistol section here on AR15.com, a lot of information on 22 rimfire uppers and conversion kits.  Every post I've seen on the Core 15 22 upper has been positive.  Rimfire AR-15's can be very addictive and plain fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:05:20 AM EDT
seems pretty cool deal...where is the link to it?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:20:03 AM EDT
I bought their .22 upper by itself, and I love it. The combo that you are looking at is a good deal, and I would definitely say that it is a good idea to get it.
That said, as an alternative, have you considered another brand of rifle, such as Palmetto State Armory, and simply adding a .22 conversion kit to that upper?
Top Top