Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2004 6:28:09 PM EDT
I’m rather confused about the worth of my AR. My first post ever was about this particular rife. I’ll give a quick synopsis:

Eagle Arms post ban  carbine with mid length forend (green) , and 20in barrel  it’s new and still in the box rapped in plastic. The only thing I have done is add an Ergo grip and a green forend grip.

Now this is where it gets interesting , it has a SS heavy barrel on it marked WB 1/9, if you look at the spec sheets, Eagle Arms has never produced rifles with SS barrels, yes it has the proof mark that it left the factory as a complete rife.  So I give them a call , after a lengthy phone conversation and 2 call backs to me by Eagle Arms ( long story )  I learn that it is a special edition and that only 23 were made.

Now I have no real idea what I paid for this rifle because it was a mismatch trade with a dealer at a gun show. I gave him my Olympic arms CIA post ban ( it was ruff but eat any thing you put in it)  and an AK that did not take hi-caps and he gave me this  AR , $100.00 cash  and 50rds. of green tip match ammo, oh ya some colt oil and bore cleaner.

I’ll try to post some pics ASAP. Now tell me , does the special editions stuff increase the value?  What advantage is there in having a SS bull barrel on a 20in rifle ? I want to get a new AR , some thing shorter and lighter at the next gun show so help a brother out! So I can get a good deal.

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a 2nd upper for it. Only 23 made? hmmm
Sounds like a keeper to me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If you think that it is a collectors item you shouldn't shoot it. I would also get some documentation from Armalite that only 23 were made and this is one of them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
green tip [red]match[/red] ammo
View Quote

There's a contradiction in terms if I ever heard one [:)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks so far ! I'll be giving E. A. a call to see if they will put that in writing. The second upper thing never crossed my  mind. That sounds like a good idea.

I'm going to make a post on this but, has any one head much on the oly. OA93 PT ? I like the way they look other than the long barrel.The detachable stock thing is cool idea. It's the gas thing that i'm not sure of one those.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top