Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/19/2003 1:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 1:51:31 PM EDT by Potter_Sherman_T]
Just watched Miles O'Brien filling in for Wolf Blitzer... they seemed to feel it was necessary to redo their story from last week regarding the difference between banned and non-banned firearms...

This time, they got it dead on...! They compared a banned and non-banned AR, side by side, part for part, with a law enforcement officer suggesting that there is NO DIFFERENCE in the firepower between the two rifles...

They then headed back to a range, and showed a banned and non-banned rifle v. some more cinder blocks, and explained that the smaller hole made buy the non-banned rifle was ONLY BECAUSE THE SHOOTER FIRED MORE ROUNDS WITH THE BANNED RIFLE...

No mention of the poll on Wolf's page, but I would say that CNN got enough flack to make them get it right....

Way to go to all those that voted...! I believe that WE DID MAKE A DIFFERENCE...

STP.

PS. For those that might not know, while I live in Canada, I am a US citizen... so all this does in fact matter to me way up here in the GWN...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:32:26 PM EDT
Unfortunatley the conclusion they will want you to draw is that if the banned is so bad that it needed to be banned, the functionaly identical un-banned needs to be banned also. Remember they don't call themselves America's Most Trusted Network for nothing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:45:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PaDanby: Unfortunatley the conclusion they will want you to draw is that if the banned is so bad that it needed to be banned, the functionaly identical un-banned needs to be banned also. Remember they don't call themselves America's Most Trusted Network for nothing.
View Quote
I'm no apologist for CNN, and I don't play one on TV... IMNSHO, there's no question CNN got "an ear full" from someone with clout who knows better then John Cirella (the reporter who LaPierre wants to see fired)... the reporting today was blatantly fair, and there was much emphasis on the notion that stricter enforcement of existing laws and not "gun control" is the real medicine for crime... Without suggesting they got it wrong last week, CNN made about as dramatic a "retraction" as possible... without calling it that... I give them credit on this one... STP.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:50:31 PM EDT
Padanby, I have to say I agree with you...un fortunately. I think that's why CNN agreed to redo the test, only to show that pre vs. post makes no difference, they are both "bad". Wayne made a good point about criminals and guns, but EVERYBODY agrees with that. And the poll is off the site now, after it was repored to be 68-32 in favor of extending the ban, when I know I saw it the reverse.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:37:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By zipdrive: Padanby, I have to say I agree with you...un fortunately. I think that's why CNN agreed to redo the test, only to show that pre vs. post makes no difference, they are both "bad". Wayne made a good point about criminals and guns, but EVERYBODY agrees with that. And the poll is off the site now, after it was repored to be 68-32 in favor of extending the ban, when I know I saw it the reverse.
View Quote
When Kyra Phillips reported the poll results on Friday afternoon it was 68% to renew the ban and 32% to let it sunset... it wasn't until later that day that we all jumped in and started to change the results... STP.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:40:52 PM EDT
FINALLY, the second person gets it right. I doubt that they will ban ALL AR-15s, because if they did, the cops would have to take down Camp Perry in shooting season....Oucheez...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:58:37 PM EDT
I hate to have to be a nay sayer however in the long run this will turn into a negative report. It will be used to show the need to ban more than ever before because the terrible destructiveness has not been tempered or reduced. The demons, and don't doubt for a second that the anti's are anything else, will not rest until they have demonized all the good people.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:27:40 PM EDT
Trust me the only reason the clinton news network redid their story was because they were exposed.They will do 10 more that they won't get exposed on to offset this one.I refuse to even watch that garbage so I didn't see it but I know their MO.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:52:02 PM EDT
This is why I watch FOX!
Top Top