Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/7/2004 10:04:38 AM EST
This will be my first AR-15. I was thinking of going with CMMG's 14.5" M4A3 upper with the permanent phantom FH, a DPMS stripped lower, and all the internals from model 1. For a stock and carry handle, I was thinking gun broker for colt/DPM parts. This would bring my entire rifle to around 850 with tax/shipping.

Any opinions?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:09:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By windom:
I was thinking of going with CMMG's 14.5" M4A3 upper with the permanent phantom FH,

I have one of these, and its awesome. Jeff and John at CMMG are good guys to work with too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:16:21 AM EST
I'm going with the same upper on a RRA or Stag arms lower. I did a search and everthing on CMMG came back very positive and not a single negative that I could find.

Works for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:37:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By spm681:
I'm going with the same upper on a RRA or Stag arms lower. I did a search and everthing on CMMG came back very positive and not a single negative that I could find.

Works for me.

These uppers seem a bit pricey though. It seems worth it for the quality.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:30:53 PM EST
CMMG is a great company with great products and service. I'm currently running on of the 16", 1-7 M4 uppers and with almost 8000 rounds through it, it has been flawless!

BTW, I'm also going to get one of the 16", 1-7 mid-length barrels CMMG is making for GIffman's group buy!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:50:03 PM EST
I've got twelve CMMG uppers that I use on my RR M16 and I've had great service from them. I've shot the crap out of a couple of these barrels (Chris, you know which ones.....) and they live just fine! John and Jeff are great guys! Chris does awesome machine work too!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:10:38 PM EST
I've got some work being done by CMMG right now, and as every one has noted they are good to work with. I've met one of them at the Gun Show a couple of times. John I believe, I'm not sure, but i can say this - Good people!

I'd say rather than shopping all over the place for your parts, you should try discussing it with Jeff or John. They would do you right. I ck'd there web site (thinking about another myself) and I think you can do what your talking about for roughly the same price with them. You would get better service, and in my opinion that means it's worth it to spend a few extra dollars.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:17:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By DBAR:
I've got some work being done by CMMG right now, and as every one has noted they are good to work with. I've met one of them at the Gun Show a couple of times. John I believe, I'm not sure, but i can say this - Good people!

I'd say rather than shopping all over the place for your parts, you should try discussing it with Jeff or John. They would do you right. I ck'd there web site (thinking about another myself) and I think you can do what your talking about for roughly the same price with them. You would get better service, and in my opinion that means it's worth it to spend a few extra dollars.hr

Great recommendation. I was thinking of doing the lower myself, so if any problems arise, I could fix them easily. The AR-15 is fairly simple though, so any snags with a prebuilt rifle shouldn't be a problem for a mechanically inclined individual like myself.

Like I said, I'm looking to build this in the 800-950$ range, and CMMG looks like great quality stuff.
Top Top