Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2008 11:15:20 AM EDT
I order a CMMG 14.5 M4 profile complete upper.  I have recieved it and was looking over it for marking and stamps this is what I found:  
The upper has a keyhole marking on the right side and M in front above the gas tube.
The barrel is marked CMMG MPC 5.56 NATO 1/7.
The bolt carrier and bolt have no stamps.

So my question are:
Who makes CMMG uppers?
Who makes CMMG bolt carrier and bolts?

Does anyone have marking/stamp from CMMG on their upper, carrier, and bolt?

EDIT: I guess we won't know who makes CMMG products after reading some post on there post in the industry section.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
my CMMG lightweight middy has same markings as yours.  Nothing on bolt or carrier.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
my CMMG lightweight middy has same markings as yours.  Nothing on bolt or carrier.

Well that makes me feel better. Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure who makes the barrels but the upper is a cerro forging and the BCG are CMT.  Mine was marked CM on the bolt which is what CMT is now marking their standard BCGs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I order a CMMG 14.5 M4 profile complete upper.  I have recieved it and was looking over it for marking and stamps this is what I found:  
The upper has a keyhole marking on the right side and M in front above the gas tube.
The barrel is marked CMMG MPC 5.56 NATO 1/7.
The bolt carrier and bolt have no stamps.

So my question are:
Who makes CMMG uppers?
Who makes CMMG bolt carrier and bolts?

Does anyone have marking/stamp from CMMG on their upper, carrier, and bolt?

EDIT: I guess we won't know who makes CMMG products after reading some post on there post in the industry section.

CMMG builds their own uppers from receivers purchased from LAR. They state that they turn their own barrels & have them sent out for chrome. My CMMG uppers have Cardinal Forge marks & CM on the bolts. Barrel markings are the same.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
My CMMG lightweight middy from AIM has no markings at all on the barrel or BCG.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top