Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 10:16:37 PM EDT
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart=46800&cat=16& anyone have experience with the free float hand guards for $117 on this site?  Sounds too good to be true for that price.

I'd be looking at the Light Weight Carbine for my Bushy M4

pic from their site:
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
i think they are made by YHM.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:08:05 AM EDT
[#2]
you might email Duke Nukem, i think he has that on his M4.
Ronald
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i think they are made by YHM.

Yep, they look like the YHM Lightweight handguards.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I do have them on my M4gery, that is the Yankee Hill "lightweight" unit.  It is excellent and if you couple it with a government profile (thin) barrel, you'll have a very lightweight setup.  Everything is in spec and it attaches to the receiver VERY securely.  With my GG&G pistol grip attached and an accu-wedge between my upper and lower, the whole gun feels like one solid chunk of aluminum, which is great.  No wiggles! KAC grip panels slipped on perfectly, I need to take some pics of the gun with them on.

For the money I highly recommend this forend, and believe me I did some research before I chose it.

Here are some pics of the gun taken before the KAC panels arrived:

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditto comments above, I have the YHM lite-weight "rifle" length forend on my long range AR, very nice and I like it. (used Bushmaster panels)

Mike
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:53:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks good, now to find the best price (in stock).... seems like a lot of places are out of the lightweight carbine version.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:34:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Give CMMG a call, they'll do you right.  Jeff and John represent what customer service used to be in this country.  I've watched them go from having one table at a gunshow with 4 or 5 uppers lying on it, to getting an FFL, SOT, building their own shooting range, and becoming the second largest distributor of DPMS parts in the country (second only to Brownells), along side all the other stuff they sell.  They've worked 12 hour days for years to make it happen and nobody deserves your money more.

www.cmmginc.com
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Get one from them.  You won't have any regrets.  They have good prices, and great service.  I got one from them, well actually they did the install since I had some other stuff being done to my BM upper.  I met up with them at the gun show a couple of weeks ago and they said they where not going to be doing anymore gunsmithing.  The production end of there business is doing great, and they wanted to to devote more time to it.  I was lucky.  If you need an install they may do it, you'll need to call them to find out.  If you don't need it installed you'll not find a better price on the piece.  I didn't.  I just got to show it to you, I just got it back from them at the show.  Not the one you want though, but this gives me a chance to show it again.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Eagle firearms has always treated me right, so has CMMG, but eagle is cheaper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top