Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2011 9:26:59 AM EDT
I notice that CMMG advertise their .22LR Evolution guns as having a ceramic finish.  Does anyone know how this differs from Type 3 Milspec Anodising?  I recall seeing somewhere that with CMMG it is extra to have the Milspec Adodising but I may be wrong. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I figure the Mil Spec upper is only $15 (USD) more.  I would go for it just for the peace of mind.

MAHA
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The ceramic coating has a slightly different sheen to it. But it is tough. I have not had any come off and I have not been easy on it.
The anodizing is $15 extra. If you are trying to match an existing lower, I would recommend it.
Dave North
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The ceramic finish is a good finish. CMMG did it and cut the cost to customers for
those who are " Penny Conscious" and, I don't mean that in as bad way either...

Dave South / Spec
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to order the Milspec anodizing after seeing some reports of the cerakoat being "shiny". Anyway, my wife got me the basic upper for Christmas and the ceramic finish is just fine. matches my Colt 6920 almost perfectly. I also would have ordered the stainless bolt, but so far the parkerized bolt has been just fine. I can't say enough good things about my CMMG upper. Does everything I wanted it to do.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have any issue with the ceramic matching up either but you know how anal some are.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
The Ceramic finish matches my Spikes Tactical lower exactly. Couldn't have asked for a better color match. The sheen as it was put is even the same.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for your replies
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top