Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 9:24:16 AM EDT

CLOSED!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Sources please...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I got my LEO 6920 and 6721 already at LEO prices.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Now they are all being gouged and scalped like a wagon train of settlers ambushed by a pack of Apaches.

I saw some LE6920s for $1695 at the market hall gun show. They were going for less than $1000 on the web right after the AWB expired.

Good luck finding one for a reasonable price now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Not exactly breaking news since this has been a hot topic on this forum for the last couple of weeks. Can you provide documented proof...for example, a letter from Colt to it's distributors requiring this of them?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
if a police department needed extra cash they could go into the colt firearms market.

Personally if I was a police department I wouldn't touch colt products with a 10 foot pole. If I was a police officer, why would I waste time getting letterhead when I could just go buy a Bushmaster?

Stupid Colt.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I think FFLs on this board have already confirmed that Colt will still require a department letterhead for "LEO" rifles.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps they think that by offering LE a product civilians can't obtain (even thought there are very similar clones available to civvies) they are playing upon the marketing value of LE only sales. I could see how it might work for some Law Enforcement Agencies, because they might assume it would automatically be a better quality product and QC since it is geared for LE. Could work, maybe the Colt Marketing Deptartment isn't as dumb as we think.

Of course if the RRA DEA M4 works out well, and other agencies and manufacturers follow this lead, Colt may find themselves doing a lot of explaining to shareholders...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello, I am a refugee from CSP.  I was just thinking yesterday that:

1. There is no law preventing anyone from continuing to mark their ARs as LEO only
2. There is no law (I am aware of-maybe some weasel NJ or CA law) preventing anyone from circumventing Colt's dealer requirements

So perhaps Colt is betting that people will be doing #2 fairly regularly for #1 rifles.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow.

I'm glad my 6920 is already on its way to my FFL.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think FFLs on this board have already confirmed that Colt will still require a department letterhead for "LEO" rifles.

I ask for a source, because only ONE FFL on this board has mentioned this, and it was something he heard, not offical from Colt. I spoke with my dealer just Thursday and he still says it's just a rumor and Colt has not said anything to him.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#11]

My point is that those same FFLs are taking orders from non-LEOs until there is now a lineup about 10 blocks long of people expecting to receive one of these "LEO" rifles. So even though the requirement is supposedly there it remains to be seen when and to what extent it will be enforced.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
...Personally if I was a police department I wouldn't touch colt products with a 10 foot pole. If I was a police officer, why would I waste time getting letterhead when I could just go buy a Bushmaster?

Stupid Colt.

+1
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#13]

My supplier had 2 of the LE 6721's remaining in inventory before the 9/30 Notification date and was selling them wholesale for $1,500.00 ea.!!!

That's far from WHOLESALE...

Perhaps they think that by offering LE a product civilians can't obtain (even thought there are very similar clones available to civvies) they are playing upon the marketing value of LE only sales.

Don't you think they would make WAY more money selling to civvys?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#14]
The sky is falling!  The sky is falling!

I'm with BB and Boxerfan.  Plus, Coltshorty's already blasted two enormous holes in the original thread so I'm even less inclined to buy this rumor than I am most of the ones I see on the 'Net.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#15]
fuck them, score one for bushmaster
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My supplier had 2 of the LE 6721's remaining in inventory before the 9/30 Notification date and was selling them wholesale for $1,500.00 ea.!!!

That's far from WHOLESALE...

Depending on any given dealers connections / buying power with quantities etc

Wholesale dealer prices for the LE 6920 / LE  6721 & similar are VERY CLOSE to $840  per rifle.  Please do not ask me ~how~ I know ....  I just know
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#17]
bushmasta, it's nice to know you can be counted upon to add a sense of civility and reason to an otherwise...oh wait, it was all adults 'till you showed up...never mind.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
For the folks on the AR15.COM forum.....some breaking news!  Effective Thursday, 9/30/04....ALL Colt direct Distributors/Dealers will NOW REQUIRE the usual "LE purchase letterhead" for the Colt LE type Carbines (6920 & 6721 in particular!) BEFORE they can DELIVER-ship them to your FFL Dealer!  In short......Colt has somehow 'caved in" to the Anti's again..... and are restricting the sale of their LE type carbines......as they had done under the 1989 Executive Order, self-imposed Carbine ban.  Also....Colt has NO plans of "sanitizing" the LE-Restricted markings from the post AWB sunset (9/13/04) manufactured carbines (the markings WILL remain!)......and .....WILL NOT be offering a "civilian" 6920/6721 model with all the 'nasty, evil features' for sale to the general public!!!! My supplier had 2 of the LE 6721's remaining in inventory before the 9/30 Notification date and was selling them  wholesale for $1,500.00 ea.!!!  They're gone!!  The time of the cheap Colt LE guns has gone the way of the Dodo Bird....I'm afraid.....unless you're a LEO type and can produce the 'magic' letterhead...as in the past! If you or your Colt Direct Dealer did not receive your LE marked Colts/take possession of them by 9/29.....or.......you're on some dealer's waiting list for the next shipment.......I believe you're out of luck on this now closed, short window of opportunity.

They're in the same price category now as the Pre-Bans were before the sunset of the ban!!

16HIGH

uhhhhhhhhhh..........I just bought and recieved my Colt 6920 today...OCT. 9...was I skipped?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Where are you in WI, lucid?  When I get mine hopefully we can go shooting together.  IM me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

uhhhhhhhhhh..........I just bought and recieved my Colt 6920 today...OCT. 9...was I skipped?

Post pics of your new toy so we can drewl.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Colt has asked the distributors to require the letter some are just requesting a copy of an ID and badge, far less restrictive than an LE/letter.  Someone posted the price of a 6920 as distributor to dealer around 840.00 that is correct, the range I found is 800.00 to 850.00 anything over that is mark-up.  I would tell members to be patient look what happened to the pre-ban 6721's.  They were selling for over 5k (there were only 134) now that the ban is over, these rifles are back down as the market is flooded with 6721's.  I'm awaiting my second 6920 and its in the 800.00 range.  Shop around and stay away from dealers with huge orders, find one that you can be on the top five of their list its more realistic.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:13:23 AM EDT
[#22]
THAT'S IT!  

I'm switching to OLYMPIC ARMS!

NOT!

I'd rather carry a sling shot.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:21:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I just ordered my Colt LE6721 last week, didn't seem to be a problem, you just have to be patient and keep looking, because they are out there
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top