Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 6:52:43 PM EDT
I'm looking for some suggestions for *CHEAP* nigh vision monocs.  I don't have much serious need for it, so don't want to fork out the $ for gen2/3.

Just looking for entry level Gen1 monocular w/ headgear. This will be for "fun" use while camping, finding the restroom, etc, as well as the occasional night shoot to complement my EOTech 551. Don't plan on removing the BUIS, hence why I'm not looking for weapon mounting system (plus I wouldn't want to have to walk around holding the rifle up!).

The goal would be to spend <$400 for the optic, headgear, and S/H.

Any recomendations? I'm sure not everyone out there is shelling out for the PVS14s!!!

Thanks!!

rvb
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont have any experience with NV equipment, but I was thinking about buying one of these set ups not long ago. I like the light weight aspect A little more than you want to spend though (ended up being more than I wanted to as well )

Rigel  3250

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Most units that are in that price range are not worth the money. Save up and get something that will be able to do what you want.
I have a Gen III for sale in the EE but you should be able to find a used Gen II for a better price.

Bushrag had a setup for sale. you might want to check him out.

my ad here

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top