Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/30/2003 2:06:44 PM EDT
Dear friends,

Need comments about CA-legal AR lower receivers from DPMS and FAB10.

For DPMS lower, it is single-shot. I do not know how to reload the cartridge. Does it need to field-strip upper and lower to load? Or it could be done by inserting a cartridge from ejection port?

For FAB10 lower, I am sure that it needs to field-strip to access/reload the internal 10-round mag.

Thanks for any input for these two types of lower receivers!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:58:01 PM EDT
FAB10 is the only real choice we have in the PRK if you want an AR-type rifle. The FAB10 is fine for the range. I usually load via stripper clips to the 10 round maximum. The upper rotates forward on the front pin providing access to the internal mag. It's a little awkward, but with practice you can shorten the reload time. I wouldn't bother with a single shot lower myself. For a SHTF situation, I'd be more comfortable with a detachable mag. That's why I'm considering an M1A1, though I love the AR platform. Another alternative is the Mini-14 which is cheap and has a detachable mag, but it's no AR. CA Eunuch
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:29:26 PM EDT
Thanks for your input, CA Eunuch. (By the way, nice nickname! It refelects the thoughts of CA firearm lovers.) Looks like choosing FAB10 is a better route. I think I will go to get a FAB10 lower. Maybe I should move to NV. :) The M14/M1A is great. I have one. It could be the last cool rifle in CA. :(
Top Top