Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 10:05:00 AM EDT
CA SB 23 Question

If I have a California registered Ar 15 “assault weapon”. Can I add a collapsing stock and flash suppressor with bayonet lug? I know that the federal ban sun setting may not affect the currant CA laws, but I do not seem to be able to get a straight answer from the local dealers. The way I read it, I can have any or all of the things listed installed.

Michael

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Your gun is already a Ca. "assault rifle" in it's present configuration...

The detachable magazine in combination with the pistol grip(along with the "series" AR15 lower receiver) already puts it into that classification.

Provided you do have the thing registered, adding a flash suppressor or collapsing stock to the thing is not going to change it's status as an "assault weapon".

simply put, yes.    You can take your registered AW and put the parts you want on it now that the 94 Federal ban is dead, the Ca. ban is more strict and in their eyes post 94 configurations and pre 94 configurations are treated the same under Ca. law.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top