Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 3:46:17 PM EDT
Bought a CAR stock for my bushy from Aimsurplus. Its an ok stock, but i shot it this weekend for the first time with a real collapsable stock. Im 18, 5'10" so im not that big of a guy, but with the stock fully extended, its way too big, even the 3rd position is too much, the second one is perfect. Heres my problem; ill put it in the 2nd notch, lock it in, everythings fine. No, as soon as i squeeze off the first round with it shouldered the stock folds down completely. Most of the time this happens. So i reset it. Then somtimes it stays put. WTF! Am i pressing it into my shoulder too hard? Help please
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try to get another one from them, just tell them what happened. It could be the plunger nut(or whatever it is called) is too tight making the plunger not seat far enough into the detents in the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
is there a way i could fix this, or just try and get a new one?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The recess on the extension may not be wide enough.Im the same height and use an RRA telestock,positive lock works excellent.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
is there a way i could fix this, or just try and get a new one?

If it is what I think is wrong with it then there should be a roll pin going through this nut and plunger. Push it out useing a punch and then adjust the depth of the plunger by turning the shaft inside of the nut. I would probably contact the distributor first and try and get them to replace it for free.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top