Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2004 8:56:36 AM EDT
I have ordered a Colt 6520 and want to put on a CAR style slip over flash hider like the one pictured below.  Does this flash hider need an A1 lock washer or something to hold it on or is it a Loc Tite and forget it type install?  Thanks.

JasonC  

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to add to that. I know I will never use it but will a bayonett fit a barrel with one of those installed.

Thanks
Js15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I am guessing a bayonet will not fit over it.  

Quoted:
I would like to add to that. I know I will never use it but will a bayonett fit a barrel with one of those installed.

Thanks
Js15

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#3]
anyone?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I think a bayonnet would fit, but I never tried it myself, so I can't be 100% certain.  You could locktite it on, but simply cranking it on there should be fine (via wrench, not hand tight).
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]
The picture is of a 5 1/2 inch flash hider. You refer to a 'slip over' type in your message. A slip over will actualy cover approx 4.5" of your bbl with a tube and give you the flash hider as well, overall not lengthening much. The pictured item, the 5.5" hider is handy for adding some length to one of those pesky short barrels.  The slip over style is good for adding some weight to the end.

You can use washers on either, but the Super-Duper-Whale-Jiz version of LocTite will do just fine (altho it is believed by us to be not ATF compliant for barrel lengthening activities)

Short answer? With a 16" bbl, pick either suppressor, lube it up with the goo and screw away. Stop when you're satisfied.Doc @ M&A Parts
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Some of the slip-over FHers will accept a bayonet while MOST WILL NOT!

Years ago I think I had tried 3 or 4 different versions that I had picked up off the forums cheap and they were all different and none of them would work...  I also did see one guy that had one that was smaller in diameter and it did work....

The one that worked was made for the skinny barrel while all the ones I had tried were for the HBAR...  Look at the end of an HBAR and cmpare it to the diameter of a FH and you will understand the issues!

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top