Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2003 7:10:54 AM EDT
Opinions on this faux Flash hider mounted on an 11.5" bbl? How do you guys think it looks? My opinion is that it look goofy as hell and needs to be closer to the XM177 diameter.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes that won't do.What I did on the last XM177 I built was have a 16" cut down and have a CAR flash hider perm. added to make it 16" again.I couldn't never get 11.5 to work reliably.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
By looking at the photos I see your concern,  I'm guessing you have a post ban gun and need a fix for your 11 1/2 in barrel.  THere is one other option you might consider.  I have seen some very nice looking fake suppressors that if atf approved, you could pin and weld to get your post ban 16 in legal.  Just an idea I'm sure someone will have a different suggestion as well.  Good luck and the rest of your shorty from what I can see looks good.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:12:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not sleeve the XM177 flash hider?  Ream it out and weld the sleeve in place so the ports are non functional.  It would give to the real deal look without being a flash hider.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why not sleeve the XM177 flash hider?  Ream it out and weld the sleeve in place so the ports are non functional.  It would give to the real deal look without being a flash hider.
IDHunt
View Quote

The Xm177 in the photo is not long enough to bring the bbl out to 16". I have to have one custom made, or swap bbl's. I've chosen to have one custom made.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you launch golf balls out of that ??
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can you launch golf balls out of that ??
View Quote

Got any blanks? I'd give it a try! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Hello Ryan,

I am awaiting your upper to get it the way that you want. I have emailed you with the new design of the new CAR/XM177 fake flash hiders. Let me know if you didn't get the email. The pics of before and after are located on my webpages.

I'm sorry that it did not meet your expectations on the first time but I will get it right for you.

Link to pics.......

[url]www.geocities.com/chris_knipstein/userspics.html[/url]

[email][email protected][/email]

Thanks for your time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top