Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2003 6:00:58 AM EDT
SAW WHERE A PLACE WAS SELLING A.R'S WITH CARBON-FIBER UPPERS.ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#1]
IF YOU STOP YELLING I'LL TELL YOU!

I think the only ones around right now are made by Hesse/Vulcan, Don't do it though!
You have been warned, coughtheysuckcough.
Bushmaster bought out the other company (Professional Ordinance) that was making them and will be starting production soon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
thank you.you are nice,i shouldnt yell.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:40:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The carbon fiber uppers I have seen were very thin and myself, being a big proponent of carbon fiber lowers, could not trust those uppers. There is a lot going on inside an AR upper receiver and it looked just too frail. The lowers on the other hand are top notch and are not subject to the forces that the upper is, plus it is much thicker.

You will hear a lot of negative comments about Hesse in general but I have never seen a negative post about their kevlar lower receivers. I own one and it has been great. It is the only thing made by Hesse that I own.

Bob

Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I would hold off and get one of the new Bushmasters when they come out. I read that they are due out this fall. Since it is BM, you can be assured that they will have worked out any probelms that Professional Ordnace had.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top