Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2006 12:43:15 PM EDT
Does anyone know anything about these?

I handled a gun today with one and it seemed very comfortable...

I'm interested in getting one...

www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=85&cID=57

ETA: It makes the stock feel like a CRANE stock and it's only $20!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I put one on my Colt stock and I loved the way it felt and it is made pretty well especialy for $20
I liked it so much I ended up buying a VLTOR Clubfoot yesterday and sold my CAA sadle for $14 last night.
If you don't want to spend the money for a Crane/VLTOR the CAA saddle is wel worth it
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Buddy of mine gave me one the other day as a bday gift.  For the money, it's great.  I really like it.  Didn't come with instructions, but only took about 3min to figure out.  It's incredibly light.  You won't notice a weight difference, just a cheek weld difference-I haven't put batts in it yet.

It's on an LMT stock.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]

For $20 it's a great deal, and I haven't had any problems.  The cheek weld is definitely improved for me, and it's nice to keep the batteries on the rifles without buying a whole new (and much more expensive) stock.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw these at a gun show in Orlando last week.. almost grabbed one, but the vendor dried me out after spending 500.00 that day.. lol he`s local. ill prolly grab one from him at a later date.. looks like it would make using the acog a lil more comfy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't taken mine off yet .

The green isn't a perfect match with my OD stock and handguards, not a big deal though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For $20 it's a great deal, and I haven't had any problems.  The cheek weld is definitely improved for me, and it's nice to keep the batteries on the rifles without buying a whole new (and much more expensive) stock.

+1
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one of these at a local gun show, and have yet to take it off.  It makes a big difference and it is really cheap.  I can not afford a LMT so this will do.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I like mine, very good $20.00 investment, and mine came with instructions too but you dont realy need them. The OD green does not match RRA OD green tho, but it does match my OD green TD battlegrip perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I have them on my Bushmaster M4A3 and RRA Entry Tactical. So far I am very pleased with the preformance of them during 3-gun meets.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Like the other posters, I got one and like it alot for the money.  In addition, I was at Sportsman's Warehouse and picked up a 1/16" stock cushion to apply over the top to ensure that it didn't pinch my cheek.

I trimmed it and applied it like this.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
does the stock cushion thing interfere with the charging handle at all?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope, that's why I got a 1/16" thick one.  My handle glides over it w/o contact.  The cushion comes in 1/16", 1/8", 3/16", and 1/4" thicknesses and is all of $8.

I use a scope mounted on my std handle and the stock saddle allows me to get a pretty good lower cheek weld.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn . Thank you for solving my only dislike of these .

I have two . One mounted on a ar the other on a 12 guage . They work just fine .
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top