Posted: 5/7/2003 7:44:23 AM EST
Do many Bushmaster buyers SEPARATELY purchase the lower and the upper ?
So far, I have two AR’s. One Bushmaster M4 and one Bushmaster 16” Shorty. I purchased these NIB from the local gun store (off-the-shelf). I am looking to get a third Bushmaster. I have been studying the Bushmaster catalog, and I see several upper configurations that are NOT offered at the gun store (not off-the-self item). So, I was thinking that I could purchase the lower through the gun store (FFL), and then call Bushmaster directly to purchase the upper.
1) Do many Bushmaster buyers SEPARATELY purchase the lower and the upper ?
2) Would the colors match (same shade of purple as it might be) ?
3) Does Bushmaster openly invite direct purchases of their uppers ?
4) If I ordered direct from Bushmaster, would I be receiving identical quality as I would if I purchased off-the-rack at the gun store ? I think that I may know the answer to this one because on the Bushmaster web site, they state that they have a “no questions asked” return policy. So, I think I the quality is hopefully there when ordering direct.
5) If I ordered direct, would the upper and lower come from the same batch as the ones used to assembly complete rifles to be sold through dealers ? That is, does Bushmaster have separate production runs (batches) for direct-sales versus the assembled-rifle dealer-sales ? I just what to make sure that I would be receiving the same Bushmaster quality.
Ask if the Bushie upper is in stock......sshhhh, there are a few around here that know it can be shipped to your front door like pizza.
Then see Pete in N.H. for a RRA lower with a NM trigger group shipped to your FFL.
If you want to,
But whatever you do, get what you want and have fun!
i bought a bushmaster 20" upper from bushmaster to swap on my shorty ak, that lasted a month and i bought a complete lower from my local gunshop. i built the 20" and put 400 rounds through it with no failures, the finishes match, their not purple. the quality is the same as with the complete shorty ak i bought from the gun store. bushmaster was great when i called to order my 20" upper from them, i got it in a week and a half.
Both of my Bushmasters I bought as complete lower assemblies to save some precious sales tax, I then put Bushmaster uppers on them at later dates.
No problems at all with the guns by doing it that way as opposed to buying them as complete rifles.
Here's one of my Bushmasters to show the difference in finish between upper receiver and lower receiver, I was one of them lucky ones in 1998 that got a more [I]purple[/I] anodizing job on my lower as opposed to black.
Built my 3rd AR15 up from a completely stripped DPMS lower and then bought a JP Enterprises upper assembly to put on it, a good accurate rifle as well.
Back before Bushmaster started offering its M4 clone it was the only way you could get such a rifle. Hence my M4gery was built as you described.
The upper was made about a year after the lower (I ran a 7.62x39 upper on my Bushy lower for the first year). They fit perfectly and they are both a macthing BLACK color.
Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!
You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.