Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2008 1:51:28 PM EDT
Im really interested in the DPMS line of AR's and i would like some input on them, plus if anybody has any opinions on other manufacturers im all ears. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
DPMS has a lot of good ARs I can't see you going wrong working with them. There are many good write ups about the quality of their hardware and their great service.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I will admit I am somewhat bias but I prefer the Colt line of AR15/M4s.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I just build a stripped Sabre lower on a J&T M4 chrome-lined kit.

If you get that it will run about $760.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a DPMS light 16. I've run about 400 rounds of wolf, remington, and monarch through it and I've had 0 malfunctions.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome!

My understanding is that DPMS was "the best kept little secret" of AR-15 "clones" untill very recently, when their high quality and reasonable price range became relatively widely known.

A new-comer with a very promising profile is S&W's M&P 15 series, probably comparable to the Bushmaster line.

Colt, of course, is a superb product although, I suspect, we wind up paying more simply for the brand name; this is not to detract from the fact that it is probably near the "top of the heap"!

A lesser known (and relatively less expensive), but outstanding weapon line is from Stag Arms who, incidentally, put out the S&W rifles.

Building your own is an excellent alternative if you have the inclination, capability, tools and above all, some experience, in order to remain safe. Of the companies mentioned above, Stag Arms has an excellent parts line, but there are many others!

Educate yourself on legal matters if building your own (e. g .in many locations even owning disassembled, separately stored full-auto selective fire AR-15/M-16 conversion parts without special permits is considered a crime!). From the reports I heard, the "authrities" tend to be fairly unsympathetic and inflexible in these situations.

Good luck, be safe, and welcome to the addiction! Now, you are living the dream!

Victor.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
check this
dpms thread
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You will love your rifle even more. Put it together yourself, embrace all the little pieces like a beautiful woman then and only then can you expierence ar-zen
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You will love your rifle even more. Put it together yourself, embrace all the little pieces like a beautiful woman then and only then can you expierence ar-zen

Umm, I'm all about knowing the insides and out of your weapon's but maybe you should take your real girlfriend/wife out, soon!

Seriously though, I would go with S&W MP-15.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top