Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2005 3:12:21 PM EDT
Hello, I have recently started visiting this board because I took the plunge and finally got an AR.  I picked up a used XM15 E2S V match carbine with a Bushnell holo sight, and ubfortunately due to a hectic work schedule, I will not be able to shoot it for another few weeks.  I did a search on this carbine and came up empty.  I was hoping that any of you guys that have one of these Bushy V matchs could let me know how you like them and how they preform.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the V-Match rifle.  It is essentially just a normal AR-15 with a aluminium tube over the barrel instead of the usual handguards.  It is more accurate because the barrel is free floated, but a bit heavier due to the weight of the aluminum tube.

HTH!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I've owned both a preban 20" and postban 16" Vmatch, and have since sold them years ago.   They came out in the mid 90's and were available only with the Hbar profile, and are in fact heavy to hold.  The metal tube is cold to the touch in rain or winter, and gets very hot to hold as soon as the first or second magazine is fired (even on slow firing).    The tube has no ventilation holes whatsoever, which not only dissipated the heat poorly, but caused a lot of smoke to exit out the front and blur vision on the sights (scope or irons).   The tube had no rails,  nor provisions for a bipod or even a sling mount.  Bushy left the barrel sling loop installed, which when used negates any accuracy benefits of a FF barrel.  

In summary, you basically have an upper designed about a decade ago which is far outdated when compared to what is available now.   Although it will shoot fine, the previous owner probably felt the same way and that's my guess why it was sold.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top