Great site gang! Just found it the other day and have been reading voraciously. Things have change considerably since my M16A1 days of being in the Army.
1. I got the bug to have a CAR style carbine.
2. I didn't stay up to date with the '94 Crime Bill 'cause it didn't affect me since I wasn't into this type of shooting.
3. I have an FFL but for a totally different aspect of the shooting industry so my knowledge on this subject is growing.
4. I found a Bushmaster Patrolman's A3 Carbine (6 position collapsible stock, screw on bird cage flash suppressor topping a light weight 16" barrel) yesterday at a local pawn for $729 and he said he would sell it to me since I have an FFL.
5. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is the price too high? If or when I give up my FFL someday am I legally allowed to keep the LEO model? Is it a decent weapon?
I realize the ultimate responsibility of the legal question lies with me but I'm just trying to get a headstart on my research.
The reason for the AR is for plinking, home defense, current day as well as for a day when the SHTF. Could be from watching the movie The Postman last Saturday morning. Gets a guy thinking.
Thanks ahead of time.
Big Al, I would move this question to the Legal Forum.
I'm sorry Man... I thought copies of 'the postman' had been removed from circulation. Remember, though, there are still other movies out there.... You'll be able to enjoy them someday.