Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2004 4:17:01 PM EDT
If I may ask, what has everyone been paying lately (since the sunset of the AWB) for a 14.5' Bushy with either A2 or A3?? I read on here a few days ago that it should not run more than $850 + tax.  I've been all over town here in the Phx area, and I can't get out the door for anything less than just under a grand for an A3. Is this about right, or is it a little high as I suspect?
Any help or info would be appreciated!
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Just paid for a 16" A3 style BM this evening - $929 + tax.  I was actually hoping to get it a little cheaper, but I think it's reasonable.  List price is the same for 14.5" and 16" - $1110.

Nice to see the non-LEO marked post-sunset rifles finally showing up!

Dave
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
You can build one for $850 or less. I bought two Colt LEO's for $909 with tax so need to keep looking or build one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can build one for $850 or less. I bought two Colt LEO's for $909 with tax so need to keep looking or build one.

I just wanted to get my hands on one, so I was happy to get it for under $1000.  This is my first AR, so I was tired of waiting.  It's been a long 10 years!

Now that I have my first one, I'm going to start shopping for a Colt at a good price and also pick up some lowers to build some other rifle variants later on.

Dave
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I paid $775 for my NIB Bushmaster LE M4A3
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy one of the lowers off EE (like Stag Arms, Ameetec, etc) and put a Bushy upper on it.  You'll save $100-200+, that's what I did.  I knew nothing about AR's before July, then I found this place.  

Complete Bushy M4's were around $850 before the ban.  After the sunset dealers were selling them for $900.  When they realized the demand they jacked up the price to $1,000.  This was the difference of a week between two gun shows.  Dealers are mostly asshats and building my own I don't have to deal with them and save money.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info! I've never even owned an AR yet, much less built one.  I guess I'm a little intimated of the thought of building one, mostly because I've never done it before and I'm not exactly sure what it entails.
Ameetec was mentioned above, what is their reputation like?
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered one with a 16" barrel on Monday...should be here Friday...right at $900.00 including tax.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top