Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 8:37:52 AM EDT
On my recently purchased BM Gov.profile 20" upper, there is a line on the upper below the rear site assembly. It does not meet up with the center site line on the rear site assembly. I notice there isn't such a line on my Bushy shorty upper. Also on the rear site assembly the "UP" & "DN", both the letters and arrows are larger than my other BM upper. Overall the rear site assembly looks a little beat up. Whats the deal ?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:10:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
On my recently purchased BM Gov.profile 20" upper, there is a line on the upper below the rear site assembly. It does not meet up with the center site line on the rear site assembly. I notice there isn't such a line on my Bushy shorty upper. Also on the rear site assembly the "UP" & "DN", both the letters and arrows are larger than my other BM upper. Overall the rear site assembly looks a little beat up. Whats the deal ?
View Quote

Many uppers have a scribed line in the center to allow easy centering of the rear sight during assembly.  Once sighted in, they will most likely not line up.

As far as the sight markings go, remember that BM does not manufacture the parts, they just buy them and assemble them.  The actual size of the markings, etc. are probably beyond their control.

Sight looks beat up?  Complain to BM about their poor QC, they will replace it...
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I called BM, they said it was a forging mark. I compare this upper to my other Bushy upper, heavy markings on the innner side of the carry handle as well. Bushmaster said to call them and Monday and they'll work something out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top