Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 9:55:25 PM EDT
Pardon my ignorance guys and gals, but I'm still very new to the AR community and I've got an FNG question.  I have a Colt LE 6920 carbine that I love, but I'm dying to get an upper reciever to make it look like an old CAR 15 for fun at the range.  Bushmaster is the only company I can find that sells the CAR 15 upper with an 11.5 inch barrel with a pinned 5.5 inch flashhider.  Do any other companies make these uppers?  

Can I use my Colt lower, charging handle, and bolt carrier without any reliability problems with this upper?  What should I be looking for in price and where is the best place to run across one of these?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep what you got, thats like trading a Ferrari for a Pinto.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Combat Jack, I'm definitely keeping my LEO upper for work and serious use.  I just wanted the CAR 15 upper for grins and giggles.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Model1Sales.com has them also (XM-177), thats where I gots mine.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top