Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 10:14:43 AM EDT
I remember in the early eighties that there was a Bushmaster rifle that resembled an AR-180.  It had the side folding stock and the stamped steel upper reciever.  What were they called and what are they going for theese days??  I know they were dirt cheap when they were avalaible new.  I'm looking for a pre-ban ar-180 and thought it would be cool to find one of the bushmaster versions.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#1]
They were simply known as the Bushmaster Rifle, Carbine, and Pistol, I believe.

Around here they go for around $700-1200, depending on the seller.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I owned for a short time one of the old preban B/M's with the folding stock.  Think those were manufactured by Gwin or maybe it was Gwinn Firearms and was some place in Maine.

IMHO the old preban AR-180's are about the best value in preban AR's.  There's lots of 55grn mil-surp ammunition around and those 1:12 twist barrels love the stuff.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
EEEEEEEYYYYYUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[puke]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That would have been the Bushmaster Assault Rifle:

[url]photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=2885[/url]

which was originally made by Gwinn Firearms.

-Troy
View Quote

Yep, that would be the rifle I owned.  (Actually that picture is probably not of the B/M I owned but you know what I mean !)
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those.

TS
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
EEEEEEEYYYYYUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[puke]
View Quote

[b]Word, brother Moon[/b]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#9]
 When I originally saw this post I thought maybe the kids at Bushmaster were going to start making an AR 180 clone (out of METAL [headbang] ).  I thought "wheeeee...there's hope!!!"  

Then I saw THAT!!!!

[puke]

and the rest is recorded in the annals of vomitorium history.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actually wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those.

TS
View Quote

I've shot one, and truth be told, it's a pretty sucky rifle.  But if it was cheap enough, it *would* make an interesting collector's item/historical piece.

I know a dealer who has one, or did recently...

-Troy
View Quote

I've got bigger fish to fry first.  I wouldn't use it as my primary weapon, in any case.

TS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top