Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2003 11:04:04 AM EDT
I have just purchased a Bushmaster 20" and the local range goes out to 110 yards. I don't plan on putting a scope on it so what kind of accuracy should I be looking for?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I suspect the rifle is capable of far better accuracy (with say Fed GM 69 SMKs) than your ability to hold it.....

It should shoot sub-MOA w/ load above and 2-2.5 MOA w/ M193 (Lake City XM193 or Q3131A) at 100 yards.

We here have no idea of your abilities behind the sights, so it's pretty difficult to tell ya how well you shoot, which is what your askin...

If you have no experience w/ ARs or miltary sights ya might be lucky to hit the broad side of a barn, then again if your military career included "semper fi" time suspect ya can knock the wings offa knat at 400 meters..... [;)]YMMV

Mike
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I would think that the rifle should be capable of 1" groups with appropreate ammo, I know my bushy is. However as previously mentioned at any kind of distance, iron sights are only as accurate as the guy who is using them. Time to practice up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to print holes all over the paper with my Bushy 20" A1 upper with iron sights. However, last time I was at the range, I produced a 2.5" 3-shot group in the 10 ring (NRA 100 yard target),Which was 3.1" if you count that 4th flyer...

I shot 3 pairs measuring 1.4, 1.75, and 1.9".

Ammo was Wincherster USA223 in the the 50 rnd bonus pack. ($10/50 rnds from www.chestnutridge.com)

This was slow shooting from a rest.

I am not a stellar marksman by any means, and like I mentioned, before my last range visit I was all over the page. (As a side not, you'll be ALOT more on target if you get CLOSE to the aperature. I used to just rest my fact on the stock, now I touch my nose to the charging handle every shot, hence my new found accuracy.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top