Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2003 10:09:15 AM EDT
This may very well be a dumb question but.. I picked up a few Bushmaster 10 Rnd magazines to take to the range and for some reason they won't lock into my rifle when the bolt is closed. Open bolt they are fine, and all other mags sit fine with the bolt closed. Anyone have similar problems?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Slap it hard into the gun when you seat the mag with the full (lol) capacity of rounds.  That should do the trick.  If that dosen't work, get some USGI 20's and be happy.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
10 round magazines often act as you describe because of the paranoia of being able to load 11 rounds into them.  Heck, I think Colt's only ships nine (9) round magazines for this reason.

Remove this magazine and put it away in a box somewhere in case you need a novelty item some day.  Stick with USGI mags if possible.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't use those, get yourself some USGI mags.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]
You mean you actually use those? YOU BOUGHT THREE??!!! Tell me you're in a 10+ round unfriendly state.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
No magazine restrictions in Ohio.  Can only load 31 rounds in the rifle, but that's it.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I too have had this problem with the bushy 10 round mags. I really have to give it a hell of a whack for it to catch with the bolt closed. That pissed me off. I have to hit it so hard that often the shell at the top of the mag is bent after. Take the advice people offered on this form and buy some USGIs from the EE.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:46:36 AM EDT
[#7]
What brand rifle do you have?  My Bushy 10 rounders all fit easily into my Bushy rifle.

Maybe either the mag or gun is "out-of-whack"....whatever the hell in-whack is....

KillJoy
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:43:44 AM EDT
[#9]
When there's already a round chambered and you want a full magazine in the weapon as well.  Why have 30, 20, or 10 when you can have 31, 21, of 11?

-- Chuck
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top