Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 11:31:57 AM EDT
Has anyone heard anything about this new reddot scope from Bushnell? On Midway's site they say it is coming soon, Expected In-Stock: 2/20/2006.

I was looking around for a reddot scope to mount on my Mossberg 835 Ulit-Mag for coyotes and turkeys and came across this.
It looks like it might be interesting but they have no specs on it yet.
A google search turned up nothing useful.
Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
It doesnt look too bad.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, Housing looks like a mix between an ACOG and ATN NV Scope.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I read somewhere that it was being made by TACPOINT or ACOG... I don't recall exactly. I do recall that it's a rebranding.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#4]
This thread is a dupe.  Please use the search function from now on.  

This is NOT being made by TACPOINT or ACOG.  Tacpoint and Acog are not companies.

Tacpoint is a model of a scope made by HAKKO.

ACOG is a model of scope made by Trijicon.

This is not a rebranding.  This is Bushnell's attempt at an ACOG clone but they failed when they made it a 1x red/green dot instead of a 4x scope.

At least the Airsoft companies tried to get it right with the magnification.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
So it's more like a cross between an aimpoint and an acog
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This is NOT being made by TACPOINT or ACOG.  Tacpoint and Acog are not companies.

This is not a rebranding.  This is Bushnell's attempt at an ACOG clone but they failed when they made it a 1x red/green dot instead of a 4x scope.

How would I use a search functiom to ask about something I found on Midway's site that isn't available yet and has no info to be found on a search engine or the Midway site?
Do you have info on this particular scope? If so do you want to post it?
Jim
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah first try HERE to search.  

Or, you can go to Optics, Mounts and Sights forum and look.  You will find THIS THREAD
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:04:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Or, you can go to Optics, Mounts and Sights forum and look.  You will find THIS THREAD

He's not a member - that search function is about as useful as a mitten for typing.

Sorry to interrupt your hall-monitoring.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:01:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Am I reading the ad wrong where it says it is a x3 magnification?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Am I reading the ad wrong where it says it is a x3 magnification?

Yer reading it wrong, I called was told it's a 1 power with 3MOA center dot. Funny thing is I can't even find this thing on the Bushnell website yet
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:35:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I aw and ad in print maybe in the new SGN (with the PS90 on the cover) and I thought I saw it was a 3x magnifier. SGN has a 'next to toilet life of date of receipt until Sunday in my house, I'll go check.

ETA: Oh already in the trash. Wife keeps on that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's not a member - that search function is about as useful as a mitten for typing.

yeah, it's all about hall monitoring.  I'm not trying to keep it in one thread.

He would have only needed to search once.  AFAIK, you can type in a word and use the search function even if you are not a member- just once every 30 seconds is all.

OR, he could have LOOKED in the optics forum and read halfway through the first page before starting this thread.  You have to be in the optics forum to click "NEW TOPIC" and had he looked over that page, he would have seen it.  

thanks for monitoring my hall monitoring
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, it's all about hall monitoring.  I'm not trying to keep it in one thread.

He would have only needed to search once.  AFAIK, you can type in a word and use the search function even if you are not a member- just once every 30 seconds is all.

OR, he could have LOOKED in the optics forum and read halfway through the first page before starting this thread.  You have to be in the optics forum to click "NEW TOPIC" and had he looked over that page, he would have seen it.  

thanks for monitoring my hall monitoring

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]
A picture says a thousand words.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

are you trying to say something about hot air by showing a hot water bottle or is that a whoopee cushion?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you trying to say something about hot air by showing a hot water bottle or is that a whoopee cushion?

I think he is trying to say you need an enima. Hopefully he isn't offering
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish someone would make something similar in a 3x. I don't care if it looks like an ACOG, just a compact 3x with an illuminated dot reticle that doesn't cost more than the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he is trying to tell you that you are a douchebag.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I think he is trying to tell you that you are a douchebag.

WE HAVE A WINNA!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#21]
OK, geez, I apologize.
I admit sometimes my search-fu is weak. Having a 4 year old will suck the intelligence right out of ya.
I need to join as a team member soon too. I found that thread by accident the day after I posted this here. Since the Midway didn't have any info yet and it wasn't available yet I assumed it was new and didn't try a search.
It does look kinds interesting, but I agree, it is big for a non magnified reddot scope.

Joseph- lighten up! Try not to take board stuff so personally. I might be a little lazy sometimes but I ain't stoopid.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, in 2 days all I have seen is JosephR whining up and down the forum, nothing but derogatory and condescending posts.

Literally, this is at least the 6th time in my 2 day tenure that I have seen him acting like an ass and pretty much ruining a thread.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Wow, in 2 days all I have seen is JosephR whining up and down the forum, nothing but derogatory and condescending posts.

Literally, this is at least the 6th time in my 2 day tenure that I have seen him acting like an ass and pretty much ruining a thread.

Give us an idea of the topics of 4 of the supposed 6 threads please.  Are you referring to threads where one jackass didn't get what I was saying and went on a rant about being a jerk?  I can think of one thread where Jrea "bitched me out" for being a mean person but he had totally missed what we were talking about.  

I'm glad you were able to show up in time to confirm that I'm a douchebag that resembles a hot water bottle.

What was wrong with my original post anyway?  Did you guys read too much into it?  Did I not post enough smiley faces?

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Joseph. I think that there are so many "spelling nazis, grammar nazis", etc.  that jump on a thread or dupe fast that it looked like a whiny attack.
After I did find the thread that had started before mine about the same sight I understood why you posted what you did.
I, too, find duplicate posts annoying. If you have read some of my posts and/or replies you would know I am not a young wannabe or a kid playing on daddy's computer.
A link to the other thread along with an eyes rolling emoticon would have played better.

Tell ya what. If you give me the benefit of the doubt on a simple oversight I'll do the same.
Everyone makes mistakes, and as fast as posts disappear from the first, and second, page it is easy to overlook a thread.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm not weighing in, just playing devil's advocate... Hot
David
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm not weighing in, just playing devil's advocate...

Hot water bottles were what were used as douche bags back in the day.

David

When I was a kid back in the '60s granny kept hers hanging on the bathtub. I wondered what the long tobe was for.
Now I understand that I really didn't want to know.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Joseph. I think that there are so many "spelling nazis, grammar nazis", etc.  that jump on a thread or dupe fast that it looked like a whiny attack.
After I did find the thread that had started before mine about the same sight I understood why you posted what you did.
I, too, find duplicate posts annoying. If you have read some of my posts and/or replies you would know I am not a young wannabe or a kid playing on daddy's computer.
A link to the other thread along with an eyes rolling emoticon would have played better.

Tell ya what. If you give me the benefit of the doubt on a simple oversight I'll do the same.
Everyone makes mistakes, and as fast as posts disappear from the first, and second, page it is easy to overlook a thread.
Jim

It's not really you or me- there are plenty of other antagonists here...

diveriter- thanks for bringing that up.  My mother had one and I know for a fact she suffered from pulled muscles in her upper back quite frequently.  I can't imagine it being used for anything else...

GODDAMNIT!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Bushnell Trophy MP Sight

Cabela's Optics
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

diveriter- thanks for bringing that up.  My mother had one and I know for a fact she suffered from pulled muscles in her upper back quite frequently.  I can't imagine it being used for anything else...

GODDAMNIT!!!

Yeah, get that picture out of your head.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

GODDAMNIT!!!hr

Kinda makes ya wish had had just logged off don't it??? LMAO!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Bushnell Trophy MP Sight

Cabela's Optics

They have a good description but man are they expensive. $68.00 more than Midway?
Jim
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:09:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Since that new optic is a one power, it just may be the thing for the Remington 700 scout I have planned.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Since that new optic is a one power, it just may be the thing for the Remington 700 scout I have planned.

aren't sniper rifles traditionally built off of the 700?  Isn't it bolt action?

This is going to be like a Springfield M1A or M14 scout?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#34]
It is more expensive at Cabelas because we have to pay for the advice to mount the sight on a hand gun.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#35]
"This is not a rebranding. This is Bushnell's attempt at an ACOG clone but they failed when they made it a 1x red/green dot instead of a 4x scope.

At least the Airsoft companies tried to get it right with the magnification."

No I think your wrong this product screams "REBRANDED AIRSOFT OPTIC"

I think it should work fine although it looks a little bizaar for what it does but if you don't care [which I wouldn't see why you really should be terrible conscerned with asthetics over function]  maybe it will work fine for you.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:46:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

aren't sniper rifles traditionally built off of the 700?  Isn't it bolt action?

This is going to be like a Springfield M1A or M14 scout?

You are kidding right?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#37]
No, I'm stupid.  You know that.  

I thought the remington 700 was the nice bolt action that sniper rifles are built upon.  I didn't know what adding "Scout" to the name meant and associated it with the Springfield M1 Scout that's got the 16" or so barrel.

10 years ago I was pledging a fraternity at a very old school in Terre Haute IN.  Our house was an old mansion and on the mantle of this beautiful fireplace was this very odd turkey baster/hot water bottle looking thing.  It turns out it was a bonafide "Douchebag"
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#38]
The Burris XT-135 only has a 1 year warranty, same as the Tasco SPOT copy.
What's the point?

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#39]
JosephR, some required reading for you.

Jeff Coopers Scout Rifel Concept
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top