Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2003 3:00:17 PM EDT
Hi,
   Aging is doing is job and my eyesight is not as good as before.hink I am not sure yet about Aimpoint vs Eotech/Bushnell and it is not my idea to start another posting about them. I am more concern about Bushnell and Eotech. Apparently they are the same. But why Bushnell is cheaper??? Less quality or what?? I recently read that they are coming with a AA bateries model but I cannot remember where iI read it(probably age again)  [>(]. Do you know anything about this new model from Bushnell?

Thanks for all info for an old man.
Clovis
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bushnell is the same as the EOTech 510.  It is not as rugged as the 511 or 551 series.  The 551 and 552 has advantages over the 510, 511, and 512.  The 551 series will be more water resistant, has NV capabilities, and has the rubber buttons on the control panel which are easier and faster to use (especially in low light).  For a plinking gun, the 510 or the Bushnell should suffice.  For home defense/duty I seriously sugggest the 511 or 551 series, with the 550 series having the added incentives of the features above.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The Eotech is really a nice sight. I have eye problems also. I have a 511.A65 ("N" battery), the same sight is the 512.A65 ("AA battery), but is longer than the 511.A65.
Seems to me to be easier to mount, meaning it takes less area as far a length.For just having a sight like this, it is really good for us old folks and our eyes. I have really increased my Zero with it.Shooting now in the 1 to 1/2 M.O.A., before with a real good scope, I shot nothing like this.
Hope this helps you. Just want to let you know my thinking and what it has done for me.
The Bushnell sight doesn't have the metal cover over it either, great help from hitting the sight. I am shooting with a Colt Comp.Target HBARll 16" Preban, no extras, plain Colt.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]
EOTech hands down.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.
Clovis
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Aimpoint! [:P]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
EOTech hands down.
View Quote

Ditto on that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Something to keep in mind... I just received a 512.A65 today and mounted on a CAR.  I cannot mount the sight anywhere near as far forward as I had envisioned.  The battery "box" hits the handgaurd, so I have to pull the sight toward the rear until it does not hang over the handgaurd.  The sights that use the N battery are about 1 inch shorter, so could be mounted that much further forward.  I do not want to raise the sight.  Anyone know of a handgaurd that will fit under it?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#9]
You have M4 handguards? Basic handguards should allow the positioning you want. I used to forward mount mine with the battery compartment hanging over the KAC RAS, but just recently I moved mine fully forward onto the RAS itself.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#10]
No.  I have round handgaurds.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#11]
In my case I have an old Car with the A1 sight/handle. Is there any problem to install the Eotech/Busnell or an Aimpoint on the handle or I need to buy one of these cantilever sight?? I am affraid the Eotech window will be a bit too high. Is the aimpoint a better solution for a handle/optic installation??
Thanks for all your advice.
Clovis
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry didn't read your post correct.I also have one mounted on a CH and works really well.On a 16" A2 Colt.

You mounting it on a flattop? If so you just need a small riser, to clear the front sight post.The front sight post will be in the lower 1/3 of the sight window.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the info. No, my Car is an old one with a fixed carring handle and A1 type rear sight. I was wondering if the Eotech window could be too high for this type of mounting.

Bye,
Clovis
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#14]
There area few carry handle mounts available the EOTech that allow cowitnessing with the irons.  The Bernie Cooley (BC-Cam mount) is the best known and is adjustable.  I believe PRI might make an adjustable one as well,  These two would be useful for different height handgaurds.  I think EOTech makes a mount of their own, but is not adjustable.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top