Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2004 4:59:54 PM EDT
I am interested in buying a Bushnell Trophy sight with the multiple recticles. It looks like a good sight, I am a Bushnell fan, but I havent seen this one anywhere but online and in mags. Anyone have any experience with this sight? I need a lower sitting red dot on my Predator rail, a Bushnell Holo-sight is a little too tall to cowitness. The Trophy Red dot is 30mm so I am thinking it would be good for cowitnessing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The trophies are a good sight, i had one on my A2 upper for awhile and it worked great.  Accuracy was good (3" with the old wolf).  I found myself using only two reticles though: the fine and large red dots.  The others seemed a bit cumbersome.

good shooting
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Great to know. I just ordered one, seemed like a bargain at $79 from Midway. I am looking forward to recieving it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one on my 870 Rem. set up for deer hunting. I don't shoot it alot but the zero has held for 4 or 5 seasons. Shooting Winchester Partition Gold slugs at around 1900 fps so it packs a punch and no problems yet. Great "cheapo" dot.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm really surprised the Aimpoint Army hasn't checked in on this one yet.

[peek]

Lonny
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:20:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent, it should be delivered tomarrow. I am excited! I like my Holosight, and this seems like a cross between a eotech and a aimpoint. Once i get it and try it i'll report back
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#6]
DID YOU CK INTO BURRIS SPEED DOT 135, IT HAS A 35mm TUBE, AND THEY CLAIM IT IS BUILT TO WITH STAND THE RUGGED RECOIL OF A 44MAG HAND GUN.  THEY COST A LITTLE MORE THAN THE BUSHNELL.  I FOUND ONE AT 185.00 AFTER EVERYTHING WAS SAID AND DONE, BUT KNOW I'M THINKING I'LL NOT MOUNT IT, AND CK INTO AN EOTECH.  THE ONLY HESITATION IS THAT I'VE HEARED ALOT OF GOOD AND BAD ON THE EOTECH.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:40:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I got the sight Monday, and I am very pleased. On the P4 Predator rail the sight co-witnesses perfectly with my sights. At 100 yards I was able to keep 55gr Maine CC ammo well within the target, about 1.5-2" groups. I would highly recommend this optic. It is no ACOG, but its a damn fine sight for the price.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top