Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 8:41:59 PM EDT
I have finally decided on a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40mm Adjustable Objective as my next scope.  Its model number is 42-4164M.  However the website that has this scope for the cheapest price doesn't list the A.O. as one of its features and there is no photo of it available for me to check it out.  The model number is exactly the same though.  Is it possible for a Bushnell model 42-4164M to be available without an Adjustable Objective?  I am just about to order this scope and would like to make sure it will have all the features I want before I do so I can have peace of mind.  I would greatly appreciate any replies.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I think all the Elite 4200 4x16x40 scopes have an AO. My 4x16x50 does. BTW, go for the 50. It'll give you better performance in low light at higher magnification.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure about the 4-16x40, but I agree with ipschoser1 about the 4-16x50.  It is probably the best scope of the Elite series.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  This is not good.  Now ya'll have me wanting the 4-16x50mm which is $60 more expensive.  Oh well I guess you get what you pay for.  This is the first scope I will ever purchase that has cost over $70, which is a lot for me.  Now I need some encouragement.  How do you two like your Bushnells?  Is $399.95 a good price for the 4-16x50mm?  Also how does this Bushnell compare to Leupolds in the same price range?  I plan on putting mine on my 7mm Rem Mag BTW.  Thanks again for the replies.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been using mine on a Savage .308 and it works great.  The 4-16x50 has the adjustable objective plus it has some great turrets for the elevation and windage.  Not as good as the large 'tactical' knobs some scopes use, but much better than the ones Leupold uses on some scopes which are way too tall in my opinion.

Many people consider the quality of the Elite 4200 to be on par with the Leupold VariX-III line.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]
$399 is a great price, I paid $450 for mine. The Elite 4200's are the equal of the Vari X III Leupolds at considerably less money. You also get a sunshade, target turrets with 1/8 MOA adjustment clicks and lens caps for no extra money with the Elite. Add all that up on the Leupold! I've owned Various Vari X IIIs, Nikons, Weavers and Burris and my money now goes to Bushnell. Last weekend I bought a 3x9x40 Firefly Elite 3200 to compliment my two 4200's, great scope, great price.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top