Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 9:42:02 AM EDT
I understand that neither of these optics are high quality optics, but this gun will primarily be a range carbine so I don't really to need to spend the extra $$$ right now. What are your opinions about each of these optics?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=27371/sku=593-000-061/Product/Bushnell-1x32mm-Trophy-Scope
http://www.policestore.com/.aspx/pid=41534/sku=100-008-738/Product/SFRD-AR15-Strikefire-Red-Green-Dot-Extra-Hi-Mount
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the older model of the Bushnell and I'm very happy with it other than it's weird mounting height.   It is not possible for a lower 1/3rd co-witness and seems a little low for true co-witness.   The reticle is great.   The optic is heavy and well built.
The only thing I don't really like about the Strikefire is the 4MOA dot.   If that size is fine with you then I would choose that optic.
Primary Arms has a 3 MOA Aimpoint look-a-like with a mounting height of your choice for under $100.   I steered my brother into one for his first budget optic and he is happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a primary arms multi reticle res dot that im VERY happy with. That said between the two id get the vortex.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine recently put a Bushnell TRS-25 on his 12ga auto HD gun, and it is surprisingly well-made, considering it's puny price. I think he paid $100 for it, but I'm not positive about that. The first day, he fired over 100rds of mixed slugs/00 buckshot (too much fun to quit, even with a shoulder getting sore), and the sight performed as well as one would hope. Since then (500rds or so), he's had nothing but good things to say about it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I vote bushnell trs-25 because it was a great optic when i had it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top