Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:40:31 PM EDT
Which one is my question. I am looking to put one on my AR-15. I already have a DMS-1 and I was looking for something a little different. The main difference in the two is that the Bushnell is Illimunated and Leupold is not...and the magnifications and objective are a little different but all in all they look pretty comparable to each other. So, which is the better buy the Leupold for $389 or the Bushnell (Illimunated) for $10 more? I figure that illimunation is worth an extra $10 but is the glass in the Bushnell going to be the same, worse or better than the glass in the Leupold?

Bushnell 1.25-4x24 Elite 4200 (Illuminated)
Leupold 1.5-4x20 Mark 2
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:00:56 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are set on 1.25 + instead of 1.1 buy the Trijicon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:38:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Or the Leupold VX-II 1-4 (Which is really the same as the Mark II). Both scopes have actual magnification of 1.6-4.2.

www.swfa.com/pc-3451-86-leupold-1-4x20-vx-ii-riflescope.aspx

Or, the 30 mm version.

www.swfa.com/pc-3288-208-leupold-125-4x20-european-30mm-riflescope.aspx
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Leupold, its a good scope.  For me it wasn't good for fast close shots though because the 1.5X really screwed up my vision with both eyes open.  But for long shots its great.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top