Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 1:23:17 AM EDT
I recently bought a Bushmaster (XM15 E2S M4) which is a post ban. Does this mean that I cannot modify the stock without replacing most of the parts. I have read on some threads about people simply taking apart thier stock, replacing a piece or two and not having to drill or any serious machine work. Or I am best off just buying a new collapsable stock?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:34:07 AM EDT
So you're asking if you can convert your Post-Ban Pinned Fixed Position Collapsible stock into a Pre-Ban/No Ban model?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:04:56 AM EDT
Pretty much, but what I was wondering was whether you have to do any machining or just have to replace the buffer tube tube, etc.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:10:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 1:15:50 PM EDT by QuikSilver]
No machining is necessary. You just need a telestock buffer tube, buffer and spring since I believe the BM fake telestocks have rifle length buffers and springs.

You will also need to take out the bolt that is threaded into the tube thru the latch on your stock and replace it with a telestock plunger assembly. You may also have a couple roll pins to drill out on your stock to get it off the current tube (nothing a cordless drill and small bit can't easily tackle).

Just to let you know, You'll be about $45-50 into it to convert it. Tube ($25), plunger assembly ($10) and telestock buffer/spring ($15). This would also be a great time to upgrade to a "Heavy" H buffer for your carbine. Its only a few $$ more and you'll notice the difference.

Hope this helps!
Top Top