Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2003 12:06:45 PM EDT
How does Bushmaster pin the tele-buttstock in the open position? If the assault ban does expire can this fixed buttstock be converted back to it's original function? I'm so close to ordering the Bushmaster M4 I can taste it!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The pinned collapsibles use a full length buffer tube.
If/when the AWB expires, it will probably be easier to just buy a complete assembly.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If the assault ban does expire can this fixed buttstock be converted back to it's original function?
View Quote

No.
Get the A2, that way, WHEN the ban expires, you can put on a real tele-stock, and then you'll have an A2 stock sitting around. Can't have that, can we? You'll just have to build an A2 to go with your carbine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the assault ban does expire can this fixed buttstock be converted back to it's original function?
View Quote

No.
Get the A2, that way, WHEN the ban expires, you can put on a real tele-stock, and then you'll have an A2 stock sitting around. Can't have that, can we? You'll just have to build an A2 to go with your carbine.
View Quote

I second that...I have a bushmaster M4 with a fixed length telestock. Now I'm trying to ditch it as soon as possible on ebay, before the ban may (or not) expire. In the meanwhile i'll be getting an ACE ARFX-E Stock. It won't be hard to sell that stock or an A2 stock after the ban expires, but if you've got a fixed-telestock, you're stuck with it. Might as well throw it away.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be using my fake tele-stock as an emergency oar on my canoe, when the AWB expires.
Either that or a hammer.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Say thank you to liberals. Just to convert my post-bans to "STANDARD" configuration after the ban sunsets, they will cost me over $300 total. (that is NOT including magazines!)

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top