Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 8:24:20 AM EDT
My wife ordered an AR-15A2 lower from Bushmaster as a birthday present for me.  She ordered it about six weeks ago, and it's still backordered with no ESD/EDD.  Anybody else waiting this long for Bushmaster stuff?  Seems weird that it's taking so long seeing as how there is no difference between a pre- and post-ban A2 lower.    
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#1]
backorder central, just wait your turn
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I orderd another Govt A2 barrel set last Friday, it shipped Monday and I got it today.  I've only ordered upper parts from Bushmaster, though, but have not had anything in the last 3 weeks backorderd.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
They are swamped, I'm sure. Lots of people were waiting to order and buy rifles until the end of the ban. I waited 3 weeks for an M4 14.5" barrel with perm. Phantom suppressor, just got it yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a good one for ya........

I ordered a barrel on July 22nd 2004 and I'm still waiting on it!  If its not a run around I get or a neverending Louis Armstrong song while on hold it would likely be Cheryl/Sherryl and her wonderful customer service remarks like "Well Mr. Thompson we do sell 231 different barrels"!  Is that supposed to make me feel sorrow or something?  
Also, I've done weekly calls to them trying to find my barrel and each time I get a different answer as to where the barrel is!  Oneday its at "the chromers" or oneday its at "the finishers" either fuckin' way.......when will I have it!!!  
I swear the ONLY reason I still have an order pending with bushmaster is because there doesn't seem to be another place I've found to accomodate my barrel requirements.  

24" Heavy Barrel
Chrome Lined
Fluted
Pre-ban

Sighs, I suppose the only good thing of it all is..........free shipping but damn this is terrible!

As much as it breaks my heart to suggest, being an owner of 4 bushmaster guns, go somewhere else for your stuff.  Let THEM sweat it out for a while instead of the customer.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, seeing how I waited 6 months for a M4 profile upper (post-ban, agh!) in 2002, I was pleasantly surprised to receive my M4 profile no-ban barrel in 3 weeks (arrived today, yay!). Just shake the cookie jar and hope a chocolate chip cookie rolls out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, the little parts seem to ship OK.  I ordered a handguard removal tool, A2 hider, and crush washer from them about a week ago; that stuff shipped today.  But waiting around on something as simple as a lower (nothing custom) is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#7]
There was a run on lower receivers when the ban expired, they are on Back Order just about everywhere, it might take a while for the shortage to work itself out, frustrating but unavoidable right now.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Depends on what you are buying I guess.  I bought some small parts and misc. items.  Order was place on Sat., order confirmation came on Mon., parts received on Thurs.  Not too bad for an otherwise busy company.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered an A2 20" complete upper (post ban, darn NY law) from them this week and they said it was in stock and would ship right away.  From what I've read in other threads I am not so sure I should be expecting a call from the dealer in a week though.  The dealer said they tried to order some law enforcement rifles last week and were told it would take about a month and a half before they would ship.  Bushmaster supposedly has something like 6 million dollars worth of orders backed up according to the guy who called in my order.  My guess is they probably won't start shipping individual lowers again until the rifle orders die down a little.  Sucks, but it seems like it is happenning most places.  I've got one distributor who I haven't even been able to get in contact with for nearly three weeks because of the rush.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top