Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/4/2004 7:33:11 AM EST
Fellow Shooters,

I have a question about a collapsable stock that I bought at a gun show this weekend. The guy told me that it is a Bushmaster, but in reviewing their page, it must be older, if it is. It is an all metal stock, with a "B" stamped on the left side, at the rear. It has the lever on the bottom, with a "fat" teardrop shape butt plate.

Also, when destroying my full length tube (removal), I found that a little more elbow grease was not the ticket. It was put on with a heavy dose of Red loctiite. I did apply heat, but not enough. Just a hint for those of you contemplating the same thing.

thanks,

Craig
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:39:35 AM EST
Sounds to me like the guy was trying to pull a fast one on you. I have never seen a new or old Bushmaster stock with a "B" on it, (let alone all metal??? weird...). Its also weird that your old stock tube was loctite on? I swapped mine out recently and didnt find any loctite on mine
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:48:14 AM EST
I changed out buffers on my Bushy a few months ago and I was able to break it loose with a little elbow grease and someone holding the reciever (no vice).
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:55:11 AM EST
Bushy does sell the old style metal telestocks - but they use the newere (and better) Fiberlite stocks on their rifles.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:57:48 AM EST
I never really had a problem with the receiver extention, but that damn screw...THAT had some locktite on it.

My Preban Bushmaster (still in an AWB state) has an all alluminum stock with a 'B' on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:57:42 PM EST
Shooters,

Thanks for the answers. When I bought it, I did so knowing that it's lineage may be questionable, but did so because I needed a metal one. It has to stand up to the recoil forces from my 458 upper, so I passed on all of the other "plastic" ones that I looked at. It has a outter finish that does match my Bushmaster fairly well, and the inner tube (buffer portion) is even a little purpleh
Thanks again,

Craig

Top Top