Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/13/2003 7:10:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/13/2003 7:32:46 PM EST by billyxm15]
Here's the deal. I've got a Bushmaster post ban M4A3 upper and I want Bushmaster to take off the front sight tower and install a pre ban one w/bayonet lug. I also want them to cut the barrel to 14.5" and install either an A2 or Vortex flash hider on it, permately installed. Do you guys know if they will do this or who will and what kind of money am I looking at?

One more thing, if the AWB sticks and all post ban and pre ban ar15 clones are banned from manufacture will etc will you be able to put the evil features on all current post bans since they are banned rifles anyway? If the ban stick were screwed anyway, they'll have their foot in the door and will be pushing with full force.
thanks Billy
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:46:32 AM EST
You might to post this question in Bushmaster's Industry Forum... I'd personally doubt they'll perform the work you are requesting. I've talked with Bushmaster directly regarding FSB's and they will not sell FSB's separate from barrels, nor will they thread a barrel that left the factory unthreaded... I've had Kurt at KKF do all my barrel work and he's first rate... I suspect that is who Bushy will refer you to... Kurt also has a forum in the Industry Section. [url]www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:19:01 AM EST
Why would you want to do this? They'll do it, however, for about $215, that's the cost of a new M4 barrel with flash supressor. If Bushmaster won't sell it directly there are plenty of distributors and dealers who will. Are you installing this upper on a legal semiautomatic assault weapon (AKA "pre-ban")? Not legal otherwise, but you know this. Unless this goes on a registered "pre-ban" SBR the standard "A2" compensator will be illegal, welded on or not it won't make 16". The quick and easy way is to just cough up the $200 to register your rifle (the lower) as a SBR and you can fit any upper you want. Assuming the lower is "pre-ban." Otherwise you can't do anything you can't do now. Which ain't much. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:19:40 AM EST
Found a thread in the Bushmaster Forum... [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=141812[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:15:31 AM EST
How do you register a receiver as a SBR short barrel rifle? I'd like to have my pre ban lower registered and put a 10.5" barrel on it. any links? thanks Billy
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:31:50 AM EST
Billy -- Contact ATF for the application. There are several hoops to jump thru including passport type photos, finger prints, etc. Once the rifle is registered you'll need ATF permission to take it across state lines, but you can normally get a blanket approval for a year or shooting season. The form may be downloadable from their website. -- Chuck
Top Top