Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/28/2006 11:06:12 AM EDT
2 of my BM receivers have serial numbers that start with BFI, another one starts with L. Whats the difference, if any, between them?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:16:33 AM EDT
Give bushmaster a call they will tell you!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:17:30 PM EDT
There was a discussion on this several months ago. IIRC, the BFI prefix is for lowers made by Bushmaster, the L prefix are lowers that were finished by another company, LAR I think.

Sarge
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:45:57 PM EDT
BFI finished by Bushy, L finished by LAR, they also have slightly different snake logos
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:50:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By badhand1:
Give bushmaster a call they will tell you!!

we all thank you for your contribution
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:23:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sgtmike:
There was a discussion on this several months ago. IIRC, the BFI prefix is for lowers made by Bushmaster, the L prefix are lowers that were finished by another company, LAR I think.

Sarge

Are LAR the initials for a company or the co. name. I read somewhere it was Lockeed Martin. Don't know if that is correct. We must have someone on this forun that knows and would share it with us. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:31:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BSTOCK:

Originally Posted By sgtmike:

Sarge

Are LAR the initials for a company or the co. name. I read somewhere it was Lockeed Martin. Don't know if that is correct. We must have someone on this forun that knows and would share it with us. Thanks

LAR is the name of the Company, they make their own AR's (or at least they used to, I haven't seen any in a while) LAR's AR's are called Grizzly and have a Grizzly bear as their logo
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:52:04 AM EDT
Thank you WMHM4.
Top Top