Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 11:06:12 AM EDT
2 of my BM receivers have serial numbers that start with BFI, another one starts with L. Whats the difference, if any, between them?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Give bushmaster a call they will tell you!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a discussion on this several months ago.  IIRC, the BFI prefix is for lowers made by Bushmaster, the L prefix are lowers that were finished by another company, LAR I think.

Sarge
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
BFI finished by Bushy, L finished by LAR, they also have slightly different snake logos
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Give bushmaster a call they will tell you!!

we all thank you for your contribution
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There was a discussion on this several months ago.  IIRC, the BFI prefix is for lowers made by Bushmaster, the L prefix are lowers that were finished by another company, LAR I think.

Sarge

Are LAR the initials for a company or the co. name.  I read somewhere it was Lockeed Martin.  Don't know if that is correct.  We must have someone on this forun that knows and would share it with us.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:31:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sarge

Are LAR the initials for a company or the co. name.  I read somewhere it was Lockeed Martin.  Don't know if that is correct.  We must have someone on this forun that knows and would share it with us.  Thanks

LAR is the name of the Company, they make their own AR's (or at least they used to, I haven't seen any in a while) LAR's AR's are called Grizzly and have a Grizzly bear as their logo
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you WMHM4.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top