Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 3:16:03 PM EDT
I have 2 Bushmaster M4 carbines, exactly the same bought within 2 months of each other from the same source.  I have a question regarding how Bushmaster numbers their rifles.  The first M4 (also the first purchased) is numbered BFI46XXXX, the second rifle is numbered L40XXXX.  Again they are exactly the same models with the same options.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two Bushies and I have the same thing with the serial numbers. If you look closely the snake is a wee bit different too. Someone answered your question a while ago and I can't remember what that answer was.

I will wait and learn it  too(again)
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Another difference is a "key hole" symbol on the upper receiver of the Bushmaster numbered L40XXXX.  Its not on the other.  The symbol is just above the forward assist.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The "L" marked lower is made by LAR. Dunno about the BFI marked lower. I think the key hole is Cerro Forge, IIRC...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
like stated above the L lower and BFI lower have slightly 2 different snake logos.  The L lowers are supposedly made by LAR and the BFI finished by Bushmaster.  The Keyhole mark means the raw forging was made by Cerro Forge
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]
the upper forgings will vary i have had some with the same ser. lower but with different forged upper. some keyhole some splintered A
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:09:04 AM EDT
[#7]
i also have the L numbered one, is there any quality issues between them?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:16:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The "L" marked lower is made by LAR. Dunno about the BFI marked lower. I think the key hole is Cerro Forge, IIRC...

While I have no specific knowledge this is NOT what I was told.

I was told the "L" series Bushmaster lowers were made by LMT (Lewis Machine & Tool), hence the "L" in the number.

Sorry I don't know enough to know who's correct here, although the fella that told me this was one of the more estute guys where this info is concerned and my lower sure fits my LMT upper as if they were made together.....

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top