Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 8:12:15 PM EDT
about a month ago i posted a topic about this and got many replys  that  it wasn't  true or that i was stating something i didn't know nothing about, so i e-mailed bushmaster  and here is the reply

"   Bushmaster showed a piston driven upper at the Shot Show earlier this year. Plans are going ahead with an introduction of them most likely this summer.
             Thank you,
             Jim Eden, Tech Support
             1-800-883-6229  "

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Colt is releasing a piston driven upper.  H&K already has one going to the military.  Then there are companies like POF and LW with piston uppers.  I believe it makes sense that other manufacturers are jumping on the piston bandwagon.  Also, since it is rumored that certain manufacturers obtain their parts from the same machine shops, I wouldn't be surprised if more big names start jumping on the piston bandwagon in the up and coming months.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool. I would be curious if they do it using the carbon 15 receiver platform.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, Colt is releasing a piston driven upper.  H&K already has one going to the military.  Then there are companies like POF and LW with piston uppers.  I believe it makes sense that other manufacturers are jumping on the piston bandwagon.  Also, since it is rumored that certain manufacturers obtain their parts from the same machine shops, I wouldn't be surprised if more big names start jumping on the piston bandwagon in the up and coming months.

Colt and H&K are not going to sell their piston driven ar's to the general public or at least for the time being.
Who is "LW" ?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cool. I would be curious if they do it using the carbon 15 receiver platform.

They certainly seem to be pushing that black sheep every chance they get.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Colt and H&K are not going to sell their piston driven ar's to the general public or at least for the time being.

As for Colt, if they go to various Law Enforcement distributors, I can get one if I want to pay the outrageous price.  H&K, forget it.  

Quoted:
Who is "LW" ?

Leitner-Wise
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
*gunz4me, thanks, never heard of them.
kinda wondering how many different type of piston driven AR systems there are going to be before "1" becomes standard?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
about a month ago i posted a topic about this and got many replys  that  it wasn't  true or that i was stating something i didn't know nothing about, so i e-mailed bushmaster  and here is the reply

"   Bushmaster showed a piston driven upper at the Shot Show earlier this year. Plans are going ahead with an introduction of them most likely this summer.
             Thank you,
             Jim Eden, Tech Support
             1-800-883-6229  "

They did??? They sure as hell didn't show it to me or have it on display.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
here we go, some "shorty" has to try to put someone down to try to make themselves feel "longer".
all i am trying to say is that im not a "brain surgeon" and that bushmaster says they have plans on comming out with a piston system AR. And for those that didn't know here is an e-mail, name, and even a 1-800 #, and for those that still say its not true please don't call me a liar call Jim Eden at Bushmaster with the 1-800 # and tell him he does not know what he's talking about because you didn't see it at the Shot Show
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
here we go, some "shorty" has to try to put someone down to try to make themselves feel "longer".
all i am trying to say is that im not a "brain surgeon" and that bushmaster says they have plans on comming out with a piston system AR. And for those that didn't know here is an e-mail, name, and even a 1-800 #, and for those that still say its not true please don't call me a liar call Jim Eden at Bushmaster with the 1-800 # and tell him he does not know what he's talking about because you didn't see it at the Shot Show

Friend, you'll get more out of this discussion if you drop the persecution complex.

I did not personally see a piston driven upper at Bushmaster's booth, and I specifically asked one of their reps. to show me all their new products for 2006.

Does that mean that they are not coming out with one? Of course not. I was simply relating my first hand knowledge on this topic, nothing more.  

OK???
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friend, you'll get more out of this discussion if you drop the persecution complex.

I did not personally see a piston driven upper at Bushmaster's booth, and I specifically asked one of their reps. to show all their new products for 2006.

Does that mean that they are not coming out with one? Of course not. I was simply relating my first hand knowledge on this topic, nothing more.  

OK???

my previous reply was posted after your reply, i had not read yours.  OK
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not personally see a piston driven upper at Bushmaster's booth, and I specifically asked one of their reps. to show all their new products for 2006.

OK???

my previous reply was posted after your reply, i had not read yours.  OK

No problem.

If you get any more info on Busmmaster's new piston offering, please share it.

Regards,

NYP
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#13]
FWIW. I heard that LMT is developing one right now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:13:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok, Im definetly behind here. What is the advantage to the gas piston ?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Which rail systwms will we be able to use with a piston upper? Also when bushmaster offers this, will they have uppers/ bbl ext. with m4 feed ramps
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

less heat, less crud in the receiver, kewl factor...you do want to be kewl don't you?

not to mention manufacturers think pretty highly of them (enough to charge 800 bucks and up for an upper) so it must be good

I don't think I need one, but that being said I'd shoot an example if given the chance (I've fondled a POF).

The money isn't an issue; it's the fact that I've not had a problem with any of my direct impingement rifles/carbines due to crap in the receiver or excess heat.  Wouldn't make much sense for me to buy one...

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

With a piston system, gas and carbon isn't blown directly into the action - which causes a buildup of residue - but instead just blows into a cylinder that pushes a piston into the action.  It is a "cleaner" operation, and most people think the added weight (which is pretty slight anyway) is worth the cleaner operation and the expected slight increase in reliablity.

Some people claim that it is a "solution looking for a problem" and that while it is technically an improvement, it is not really NEEDED in the AR system.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh ok, cool. Thanks for explaining that guys.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#20]
People don't think it's needed unless it has Colt or HK on it...

TS
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Bushmaster gas piston AR?

Will it be designed to work with the ubiquitous "Bushy FSB Cant"?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
People don't think it's needed unless it has Colt or HK on it...

TS

+10000000001
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm loving this. The more options we have the more competitive manufacturers are going to have to be. That said, as more come into the game, the prices should go down.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Just don't let the Democraps get control of the Congress this fall or God forbid the White House in '08. All these new innovations will come to a screeching halt.

I truly believe that we currently live in a gun-related "Days of Wine and Roses". Technology, competition, and FREEDOM have all intersected to give us glorious times indeed.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top