Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/29/2003 9:44:31 AM EDT
Gentlemen;

I am considering purchasing a used Bushmaster 16 inch upper that sounds like one of those that was sent out with an overtorqued barrel (windage off extreme left to zero rifle) My question is can I reindex the barrel myself or will it require a trip to Bushmaster. I have access to tools and dont mind doing it myself. The upper in question is being sold at a reasonable price. Thanks for the help....Scott
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:36:13 PM EDT
Serious undertaking to re index, I would send to factory. Robert
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 5:05:11 PM EDT
scott, You can do it either way, check with BFI first to make sure they'll cover the work tho. They may have issues if you're not the original owner or if it can't be proven that BFI did the assembly. Only need one tool to align the sights, a no mar (preferably rawhide) mallet. Or you can do it the Army way with a vise, blocks, and wrench.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:14:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tweak: scott, You can do it either way, check with BFI first to make sure they'll cover the work tho. They may have issues if you're not the original owner or if it can't be proven that BFI did the assembly. Only need one tool to align the sights, a no mar (preferably rawhide) mallet. Or you can do it the Army way with a vise, blocks, and wrench.
View Quote
What Tweak said. Been there, done that. Bob
Top Top