Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2002 9:32:24 PM EDT
I just bought a Bushmaster flat-top upper and was considering getting a set of their Modular flip-up front and rear sights to go with it.  Several co-workers have told me that the Bushmaster flip-ups are not as durable as the ARMS, Knight, or others but they are basing their opinions on rumors and not on actual experience.  
Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the Bushmaster flip-ups?  If so, please share your experiences.  I want to buy some good sights but I am on a budget.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it is a pretty good sight, but I do not think it is better than the ARMS #40. The Bushmaster sight requires pressing somewhat of a small button to lock and unlock, and I did not like that much at all.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have bushy folders on my patrol AR and they seem ok too me. Have not had them on there long enough be sure. They lock both and down
and I like that over some other designs. I would
take a look at Wilson firearms rear sight. They
were $109 at the last gun show and I really like the way they look. They adjust both for windage and elevation. They look strong and well made.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 5:53:57 AM EDT
[#3]

I would
take a look at Wilson firearms rear sight. They
were $109...

Okla-Lawman - do you know the stock # or name for this sight? I'm looking at - http://www.wilsoncombat.com/ar/tts.asp and like the look of this adapter (for my needs), but couldn't find a sight to match your description...

TIA!
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#4]
It is called flip up rear sight part number
tr-furs lists for $129 in catalog. On their print catalog it is on page 77. I want one..
will have to wait till after christmas.The wilson crew said heywere selling them for
$109 special.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It is called flip up rear sight part number
tr-furs lists for $129 in catalog. On their print catalog it is on page 77.

Thanks for the info! I couldn't find anything on the Wilsoncombat web site, so I sent them an email.

Nothing at Brownells; Google had no hits either...Wonder if it's been discontinued?...Or maybe too new to list???...
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I was considering the BM flip up front sight but don't like the idea of a gas block that's held in place by set screws. I'll probably end up with the PRI or GGG.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#7]
They said it was brand new.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I was considering the BM flip up front sight but don't like the idea of a gas block that's held in place by set screws. I'll probably end up with the PRI or GGG.

I have the Bushmaster Dissipator flat-top model that has the flat gas block in front of the handguards.  The front sight that I'm looking at is the Bushmaster modular sight that bolts around and onto that gas block and so I thought it would be more durable since it's being held by it's own screws and the gas block that it's attached to.

Link Posted: 10/29/2002 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I had the rear flip-up and returned it.  It did not attach securely and rattles around on the rail.  Too bad, becaue I liked its other features.  I still have not found anything that beats the ARMS#40A2.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#10]
The ARMS #40 sight seems hard to beat.  I don't know anyone who has one that doesn't like it.  I just didn't like the way the one peep reticle was ground down.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]
If you dont like the ground down apperature, you can either get the ARMS #40A2 as mentioned above (it comes with a standard A2 sight apperature) or just replace the ground off apperature with a standard A2 app.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 2:40:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you dont like the ground down apperature, you can either get the ARMS #40A2...

new-arguy -

Do you have a URL that shows this sight??? My "regular sources" don't even list it...(Thanks!)...
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, it sounds like the ARMS #40A2 for the rear sight but I still haven't heard much about the front sights.  Is the Bushy aluminum front sight durable or do I have to spend an extra $100 to get an all-steel PRI flip-up front sight?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top