Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/25/2005 7:02:39 PM EDT
I just received my new front and rear flip-up BUIS from Bushmaster. It appears that theirs are made by Yankee Hill. The font sight has front-to-back play of about 1/8" and the rear has front-to back play of about 1/16". I checked with Bushmaster and they say this is normal. I realize that there may be slight movement, especially when they get a bit more broken-in, but this seems excessive to me. Anyone have any comments?

-- Ken
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:18:41 PM EDT
First off, welcome to the site

One of my AR's has the BMAS front and rear sights. When locked into position there is a slight amount of play. Another one of my AR's has the BMAS low-pro rear flip up, and it has a slight bit of play as well.

How does it shoot/hold zero?

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:07:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dep4532:
First off, welcome to the site

One of my AR's has the BMAS front and rear sights. When locked into position there is a slight amount of play. Another one of my AR's has the BMAS low-pro rear flip up, and it has a slight bit of play as well.

How does it shoot/hold zero?

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:51:17 AM EDT
The rifle is a brand new Armalite M15A4 flat-top. I'm just getting it kitted out with BUIS and I've been cruising the other threads regarding red-dot sights to get info for a purchase. So I haven't fired it yet.

I realize that they're meant to be "backups" and not NM sights. I wasn't expecting them to have that much play and was wondering if that was really normal, as the Bushmaster folks had said, or not.

Thanks for the replies.

-- Ken
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:35:49 AM EDT
just to ease the mind

the arms #40 is held up with spring tension
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:38:49 AM EDT
Bear in mind also that these BUIS are *not* intended for 1000 yard benchrest rifle accuracy. I woulnd't imagine that little bit of play will make much difference at the ranges/conditions you're most likely going to be using them.
Top Top