Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:46:34 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster lower and I found a good deal on the net for a DPMS upper.  How do the finishes on theses items compare.  Is one more matte black or grayish than the other manufacturer.  I don't want a gun with two very different shades of black or gloss.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
they should be somewhat similar but finishes vary even within manufacture
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:17:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Bushmaster lower on a DPMS varmint upper. There's is no difference in finish that I can tell.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:38:38 AM EDT
[#3]
get it and send it off to get refinished with either all one color or better yet a cool camo pattern!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
they should be somewhat similar but finishes vary even within manufacture

Like eklikwhoa said, some uppers and lowers from the same manufacturer don't even match. Even on a  factory assembled gun. If it matters that much to you get some Moly Coat or Dura Coat and go to town. Re finishing guides are available on this site as well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top