Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2005 9:44:24 PM EDT
Local gun store has a very slightly (about a week old, still has box and all) used Bushmaster Patrolman's carbine $750.  Good Deal?
Same store has RRA Elite and Elite UTE, $900 and $875, respectively.  What's the thought on the standard over the UTE?  I'm really getting the itch for an AR.  Probably fixing to "pull the trigger" on one soon.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the Bushmaster an A2 or a flattop (A3).  Its a good deal either way, but its a great deal if its a flattop.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It's an A2.  I ive in a college town, and it seems that a student, with daddy's money bought the Bushy and then didn't have enough money for books so he sold it back after about a week of ownership.  According to the gun store employee it has about a case of ammo through it.  After looking at it I doubt there as been that many round through it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds OK for the Bushy, but it sounds a little high for the Rock Rivers.

WIZZO

EDIT: if indeed it looks really new, it's a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Mrs.Stick seems to have moved my catalog with Bushie pricing, but if you are interested in it, there is nothing wrong with walking in with cash ($750) and saying that its your out the door price....  The worst that happens is that they ask you to leave.

I've bought more than a few weapons that way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 for $750 out the door for the bushie
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I am going to chime in with a "don't buy the Bushmaster"

If it is your first AR, why buy one you may regret 3, 6, or  12 months from now?

Get an A3 version, no matter what make.

If you are willing to whip out $750 from an AR,  you should be willing to whip out $900 for one you will really appreciate.

YMMV

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:49:49 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 on that deal.
I have the A-2 and love it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there a difference in the rigidity of the iron sights between the A2 and the A3?  Are the function of the sights the same , i.e. is the only difference that one is removable?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top