Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/22/2003 6:45:03 PM EDT
I just visited the busy site and saw that they have pick up ProOrd.  I never heard very good things said about the carbon guns. Why would they bother?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
This is just a WAG but maybe they are expanding their market offering through aquisition? Companies have been doing this for a few decades now.

A company needs a certain technology to penetrate a new market? Why rebuild the mouse trap and possibly infringe on patents? Just buy the competitor, especially if they are in a  currently weak position, bring the product up to your standards or needs, and put it out there.

It seems that Prof-ordinance had worked out the bugs, just a little too late. I have always liked the idea of the product, now maybe Bushmaster can make it fly without the baggage of the Prof. Ordinance name. I could see one in my safe some day.

Bob

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I owned one and just sold it a couple of months ago. The 97type pistol that I had was mfg. in 2002 and worked fine with Thermolds and 20rd USGI mags, but I couldn't get use to all of the non-standard parts. If Bushmaster converts the lower to accepts all uppers and converts the rifles and pistols to use a standard milspec bolt and carrier than I would buy another one.

If the band drops then they could really build a nice pistol with a forward handguard using standard components.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top